Creative idea’s to enhance your worship service:
Worship is a large and important part of being a Christian, and worshiping as part of the congregation can be a powerful experience.
A worship service should guide people back towards God, and help the congregation feel God’s presence, power, and anointing. As pastors, we should prepare our people to be sensitive to God’s presence with a heart that is open to the love of Christ, and sensitive to the moving of the Holy Spirit.
Our call to worship should cause hearts to burn with desire and a passion for God. Every visitor should leave our services knowing without a doubt that God was in the house.
14. While the band or musicians are still playing, read a verse from the hymn, or a passage from the Bible between verses.
16. Have people give short testimonies about what the hymn means to them, and do it between the verses.
17. Tell the story about who wrote the hymn, why they did it and how they wrote it. Do it before or during the singing of the hymn.
18. Sing the hymn in tempo reflecting the words and theme. Make sure you do not sing every hymn at the same tempo. Keep in mind that some verses can be sung at different tempos and volume.
20. Try singing only the verses which help emphasize the theme of the service.
21. Once in a while, only choose songs which sing TO God rather than about God. Make sure your worshippers know what they are doing.
22. Start the worship service with the choir in the congregation. Have one of the members of the choir begin the hymn, and at a given point have a different member stand up and join the first member, then another member follows, and finally, as they move toward the choir loft, the whole choir will be singing. Hopefully the whole congregation will be standing and singing at this point.
25. Dramatize the scripture. Example: use the prodigal son, the last supper, or Noah’s ark.
26. While a solo instrument is playing, have the congregation read a particular scripture silently. If the scripture matches the hymn, this may have a great impact.
Use a testimony before or after the about the scripture or how it has guided their life.
28. Have someone whose life has been changed by prayer give a testimony and then have them pray.
29. Have the congregation get into small groups to pray.
32. Have a drama group present The Lord’s Prayer.
33. Each week, pray for a family for person. Make sure to ask them first though, and have them come to the front and ask the congregation to come up an lay hands on that person/family.