SEARCH SERIES

By Topic
By Author
By Keyword
By Scripture
Chapter
Verse
By Keyword
Want To Plan Your Sermons Weeks In Advance?

Sermon Series Search Results For Topic: "The Ten Habits Of Highly Healthy Homes"

The Ten Habits Of Highly Healthy Homes

Exodus 20:2-3

Image for series The Ten Habits Of Highly Healthy Homes

Sermon Series

This Series has a
related Image Pack:

Sermon Series

This Series has a
related Image Pack:

Get this and all media free with a PreachIt membership.

We live in a “Google” society where every bit of knowledge we could ever desire to have is only the touch of a finger away. To accommodate, why don’t preachers deliver sermons in a straight to the point, “Google,” manner? In this series, “The Ten Habits Of Highly Healthy Homes,” we are taught, just the way we like it, about ten things we can start incorporating into our homes to make life just that much better.

Sermons In This Series

Examine Your Priorities - Habit 1

If God's really going to be number one, you must put Him first in your interests; amusements, recreation, hobbies, etc. How do you do that? Everything you do with a attitude of gratitude puts God first in that area. Enjoy the things He's given to you! [ read more...]

Examine Your Priorities - Habit 1 Handout

If God's really going to be number one, you must put Him first in your interests; amusements, recreation, hobbies, etc. How do you do that? Everything you do with a attitude of gratitude puts God first in that area. Enjoy the things He's given to you! [ read more...]

Avoid the Counterfeits - Habit 2

Exodus 20:4-6

People say, “My idea of God is…” Who made you the authority? It’s a whole lot easier for me to just change my image of God than to let God change me into His image! A lot of people change their theology, because they can’t justify their lifestyle any other way. We want to make God like us. We want God in our lives in small, premeasured doses. I want God to bless me, but I don’t want Him to run my life. God calls that idolatry! [ read more...]

Avoid the Counterfeits - Habit 2 Handout

Exodus 20:4-6

People say, “My idea of God is…” Who made you the authority? It’s a whole lot easier for me to just change my image of God than to let God change me into His image! A lot of people change their theology, because they can’t justify their lifestyle any other way. We want to make God like us. We want God in our lives in small, premeasured doses. I want God to bless me, but I don’t want Him to run my life. God calls that idolatry! [ read more...]

Take God Seriously - Habit 3

Exodus 20:7-7

In our society, it's very common for God's name to be used inappropriately. What some people don't understand is by misusing God's name, they're reframing His reputation, character, and authority. In this message, we learn how to use God's name is proper context, so that He could be lifted up on high and not pushed down. [ read more...]

Take God Seriously - Habit 3 Handout

Exodus 20:7-7

In our society, it's very common for God's name to be used inappropriately. What some people don't understand is by misusing God's name, they're reframing His reputation, character, and authority. In this message, we learn how to use God's name is proper context, so that He could be lifted up on high and not pushed down. [ read more...]

Renew Your Relationships - Habit 4

Exodus 20:8-11

The Sabbath asks the question: Is my work or my worship the most important thing in my life? The lifestyle Jesus taught is not a difficult lifestyle, it is the most logical lifestyle. One of the clearest signs that your priorities are out of order is that you are chronically fatigued, both physically and emotionally. If your life is like that, the Bible tells you what to do; renew your relationships, especially the one with God! [ read more...]

Renew Your Relationships - Habit 4 Handout

Exodus 20:8-11

The Sabbath asks the question: Is my work or my worship the most important thing in my life? The lifestyle Jesus taught is not a difficult lifestyle, it is the most logical lifestyle. One of the clearest signs that your priorities are out of order is that you are chronically fatigued, both physically and emotionally. If your life is like that, the Bible tells you what to do; renew your relationships, especially the one with God! [ read more...]

Respect Your Heritage - Habit 5

Exodus 20:12-12

In short, the home is the principal place for spiritual, emotional, and moral training. Our parents are our first teachers and they deserve honor, regardless of how we feel they've treated us. If we're going to call ourselves Christians, we have to learn to respect our heritage, or where we came from; our parents. [ read more...]

Respect Your Heritage - Habit 5 Handout

Exodus 20:12-12

In short, the home is the principal place for spiritual, emotional, and moral training. Our parents are our first teachers and they deserve honor, regardless of how we feel they've treated us. If we're going to call ourselves Christians, we have to learn to respect our heritage, or where we came from; our parents. [ read more...]

Value the Individual - Habit 6

Exodus 20:13-13

Do you feel like you’ve broken God’s sixth commandment in some way? If we don’t “value the individual” in the way God says, we become murderers in His sight. But God forgives murderers if they repent! In fact, most of the Bible was written by three men who were once murderers: Paul, David, and Moses. [ read more...]

Value the Individual - Habit 6 Handout

Exodus 20:13-13

Do you feel like you’ve broken God’s sixth commandment in some way? If we don’t “value the individual” in the way God says, we become murderers in His sight. But God forgives murderers if they repent! In fact, most of the Bible was written by three men who were once murderers: Paul, David, and Moses. [ read more...]

Protect Your Marriage - Habit 7

Exodus 20:14-14

Nothing destroys the family faster than adultery. Yet our culture now glamorizes, defends, and even promotes adultery in many situations. What society hasn't recognized is that the secret to a great marriage is to get serious about learning your spouse's needs and determining that you're going to meet them to the best of your ability, regardless if they're not the same are your needs! [ read more...]

Protect Your Marriage - Habit 7 Handout

Exodus 20:14-14

Nothing destroys the family faster than adultery. Yet our culture now glamorizes, defends, and even promotes adultery in many situations. What society hasn't recognized is that the secret to a great marriage is to get serious about learning your spouse's needs and determining that you're going to meet them to the best of your ability, regardless if they're not the same are your needs! [ read more...]

Maintain Your Integrity - Habit 8

Exodus 20:15-15

Many people don't realize that you can steal from someone without taking anything material from them. The eighth commandment, "Thou shalt not steal," means a lot more when we begin to consider it's true meaning; maintaining our integrity. This lesson expounds upon the avenues that we steal from others, and ourselves, and how we can come to a place of redemption from our habits. [ read more...]

Maintain Your Integrity - Habit 8 Handout

Exodus 20:15-15

Many people don't realize that you can steal from someone without taking anything material from them. The eighth commandment, "Thou shalt not steal," means a lot more when we begin to consider it's true meaning; maintaining our integrity. This lesson expounds upon the avenues that we steal from others, and ourselves, and how we can come to a place of redemption from our habits. [ read more...]

Speak The Truth - Habit 9

Exodus 20:16-16

Nothing destroys the credibility of a Christian as quickly as a lying tongue! You can’t serve the God of Truth with a mouth that spews forth lies! Our society has conditioned us to minimize the seriousness of lying, and that’s why it is so hard to break the behavioral pattern. [ read more...]

Speak The Truth - Habit 9 Handout

Exodus 20:16-16

Nothing destroys the credibility of a Christian as quickly as a lying tongue! You can’t serve the God of Truth with a mouth that spews forth lies! Our society has conditioned us to minimize the seriousness of lying, and that’s why it is so hard to break the behavioral pattern. [ read more...]

Discover Real Contentment - Habit 10

Exodus 20:17-17

Why is the sin of covetousness mentioned last in God’s Ten Commandments? Perhaps because it's capable of producing a downward slope that can lead to any of the first nine sins. Virtually all sins begin with this one! [ read more...]

Discover Real Contentment - Habit 10 Handout

Exodus 20:17-17

Why is the sin of covetousness mentioned last in God’s Ten Commandments? Perhaps because it's capable of producing a downward slope that can lead to any of the first nine sins. Virtually all sins begin with this one! [ read more...]

Other series you might like

2000+ VIEW BACKGROUNDS

NEWSLETTER ARTICLES

Thumbnail

Identifying that next leader is not easy.  You must often times select a few prospects and begin to work ...[read more]

Thumbnail

Jeremiah 13:1-7  1Thus saith the LORD unto me, Go and get thee a linen girdle, and put it upon thy loins, and...[read more]

Thumbnail

There are a number of reasons why a church may decline and confront the prospect of ministry death.  Some of t...[read more]

see all popular articles...

Name and Email are required to proceed.

Already a PreachIt.org Member?
Username or Password was incorrect.
Please try again.
Username or Password was incorrect. Please try again.