By Scripture
Chapter
Verse
By Keyword
Looking For Fresh Sermon Inspiration?

Sermon Outline Search Results For Topic: "Edification Topics"

Count the Cost

Luke 14:31-32

Our scripture we just read is talking about counting the cost. On the surface, the parable looks as if we need to count the cost by determining if we have enough supplies and fortitude to accomplish the task that God would ask of us. We miss the mark if we do not look deeper into the meaning of this parable. Let’s dig deeper and explore the true meaning of this parable.

Other sermons you might like

Image for sermon Crying Out in Fear

Crying Out in Fear

Matthew 14:26-30
Topic: Edification Topics
Meeting fear head on and doing what we fear most ignites our faith. That same faith says we really can do all things through Christ who strengthens us and helps us overcome our fears. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Crying Out in Fear

Crying Out in Fear

Matthew 14:26-30
Meeting fear head on and doing what we fear most ignites our faith. That same faith says we really can do all things through Christ who strengthens us and helps us overcome our fears. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Discerning The Call

Discerning The Call

Matthew 14:28-29
How do I discern the call of God in my life? First of all we have to listen. Listen and know that it is the voice of God. Second we need to take steps in the direction of the call. To sit and wait will only cause us to second guess our call. Try testing the waters of faith and begin your walk on the water. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Discerning The Call

Discerning The Call

Matthew 14:28-29
How do I discern the call of God in my life? First of all we have to listen. Listen and know that it is the voice of God. Second we need to take steps in the direction of the call. To sit and wait will only cause us to second guess our call. Try testing the waters of faith and begin your walk on the water. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Divine Serendipity

Divine Serendipity

Matthew 11:29-30
As we discuss tonight’s topic, think of all the unexpected blessings that have come your way because you gave your life to God. Who knows, even tonight might be an unexpected blessing as well. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Divine Serendipity

Divine Serendipity

Matthew 11:29-30
As we discuss tonight’s topic, think of all the unexpected blessings that have come your way because you gave your life to God. Who knows, even tonight might be an unexpected blessing as well. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon A Shepherd’s Heart

A Shepherd’s Heart

Psalms 23:1-6
The reason we know we shall not want or lack for anything is because we have been fed the Word of God which declares to us throughout the scriptures that God is our provider. Let us encourage one another with His promises and strengthen those who are new by the word of our testimony. “The LORD is my shepherd I shall not want.” [ read more... ]

Image for sermon A Shepherd’s Heart

A Shepherd’s Heart

Psalms 23:1-6
The reason we know we shall not want or lack for anything is because we have been fed the Word of God which declares to us throughout the scriptures that God is our provider. Let us encourage one another with His promises and strengthen those who are new by the word of our testimony. “The LORD is my shepherd I shall not want.” [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Ask, Seek, Knock

Ask, Seek, Knock

Luke 11:5-8
Would your prayer life be described as persistent, occasional or almost never? Why? [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Ask, Seek, Knock

Ask, Seek, Knock

Luke 11:5-8
Would your prayer life be described as persistent, occasional or almost never? Why? [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Boat Potatoes

Boat Potatoes

Matthew 14:29-29
Other than the Holy Ghost, what was the most meaningful gift you ever received? Why? [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Boat Potatoes

Boat Potatoes

Matthew 14:29-29
Other than the Holy Ghost, what was the most meaningful gift you ever received? Why? [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Both Kinds of Loves

Both Kinds of Loves

1 Peter 4:8-8
We as Christians must operate in both kinds of love to properly maintain healthy relationships with the lost, the church, and the Lord. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Both Kinds of Loves

Both Kinds of Loves

1 Peter 4:8-8
We as Christians must operate in both kinds of love to properly maintain healthy relationships with the lost, the church, and the Lord. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon When Things Don’t Go Your Way

When Things Don’t Go Your Way

2 Kings 5:1-14
Have you ever made plans to get something done and nothing went as planned? These times are frustrating at best, but did you ever have things go opposite of your plans but turned out better than you could have imagined? This is exactly what happened in the case of Naaman the leper. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon When Things Don’t Go Your Way

When Things Don’t Go Your Way

2 Kings 5:1-14
Have you ever made plans to get something done and nothing went as planned? These times are frustrating at best, but did you ever have things go opposite of your plans but turned out better than you could have imagined? This is exactly what happened in the case of Naaman the leper. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon The Table of the Lord

The Table of the Lord

Psalms 23:5-5
Christ promised that all who were hungry for the righteousness of God would certainly be filled. There is to be joy unspeakable in the presence of God. So why is there so much dissatisfaction among Christians today? One might say that the church is not as exciting as it used to be or that the preaching is too long, boring or not relevant to today’s life. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon The Table of the Lord

The Table of the Lord

Psalms 23:5-5
Christ promised that all who were hungry for the righteousness of God would certainly be filled. There is to be joy unspeakable in the presence of God. So why is there so much dissatisfaction among Christians today? One might say that the church is not as exciting as it used to be or that the preaching is too long, boring or not relevant to today’s life. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon United We Stand

United We Stand

1 Corinthians 1:10-10
God hates division within His Kingdom! God loves unity among His people! These are two very simple but very true statements. The most casual reader of the Bible can plainly observe that God deals quickly with any incident that jeopardizes the unity of His Kingdom. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon United We Stand

United We Stand

1 Corinthians 1:10-10
God hates division within His Kingdom! God loves unity among His people! These are two very simple but very true statements. The most casual reader of the Bible can plainly observe that God deals quickly with any incident that jeopardizes the unity of His Kingdom. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon The Folks God Hangs With

The Folks God Hangs With

Psalms 15:1-5
What kind of people do you think Jesus would associate with if he were here on earth today? Perfect people? Probably not, since perfect people live in the same place Santa Claus and the Easter bunny live. I think Jesus would prefer to be around people like you and me. People who are not perfect but are trying their very best to do right. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon The Folks God Hangs With

The Folks God Hangs With

Psalms 15:1-5
What kind of people do you think Jesus would associate with if he were here on earth today? Perfect people? Probably not, since perfect people live in the same place Santa Claus and the Easter bunny live. I think Jesus would prefer to be around people like you and me. People who are not perfect but are trying their very best to do right. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon My Friend Jesus

My Friend Jesus

Proverbs 18:24-24
When we pray to the Lord we come in reverence and honor to Him, but we are to come to Him as a friend as well. Prayer is the most holy and important responsibility that we have as a Christian but if we pray without understanding the one to whom we are praying we are missing the greatest pleasure about prayer. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon My Friend Jesus

My Friend Jesus

Proverbs 18:24-24
When we pray to the Lord we come in reverence and honor to Him, but we are to come to Him as a friend as well. Prayer is the most holy and important responsibility that we have as a Christian but if we pray without understanding the one to whom we are praying we are missing the greatest pleasure about prayer. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon INTERCESSION

INTERCESSION

Ezekiel 22:30-30
There has always been a desperate need for intercessors because it’s through the work of the intercessors that God has chosen to show mercy. Throughout the Word of God we find that he searched for an intercessor to plead the case of the guilty and sadly, too many times there was no one who was willing to take on the burden. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon INTERCESSION

INTERCESSION

Ezekiel 22:30-30
There has always been a desperate need for intercessors because it’s through the work of the intercessors that God has chosen to show mercy. Throughout the Word of God we find that he searched for an intercessor to plead the case of the guilty and sadly, too many times there was no one who was willing to take on the burden. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon False Doctrine and False Teachers

False Doctrine and False Teachers

2 Timothy 4:1-4
What are the dangers of seeking out preachers and teachers who will tell you only what you want to hear rather than the whole counsel of God? [ read more... ]

Image for sermon False Doctrine and False Teachers

False Doctrine and False Teachers

2 Timothy 4:1-4
What are the dangers of seeking out preachers and teachers who will tell you only what you want to hear rather than the whole counsel of God? [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Final Thoughts

Final Thoughts

2 Timothy 2:15-15
The consequences of erring in the Word are disastrous. Needless to say, the business of studying the Word of God is not to be taken lightly. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Final Thoughts

Final Thoughts

2 Timothy 2:15-15
The consequences of erring in the Word are disastrous. Needless to say, the business of studying the Word of God is not to be taken lightly. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Focusing on Jesus

Focusing on Jesus

Matthew 14:31-31
Remember that the God of water-walking and empty tombs has a message for you. Jesus says to all who labor and are heavy laden; to all who get discouraged or fall into temptation; to anyone whose mind ever strays to dreamless trifles; to people like you and me who are tempted to despair or lose hope; He still says: Don’t look down. Keep your fork.” [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Focusing on Jesus

Focusing on Jesus

Matthew 14:31-31
Remember that the God of water-walking and empty tombs has a message for you. Jesus says to all who labor and are heavy laden; to all who get discouraged or fall into temptation; to anyone whose mind ever strays to dreamless trifles; to people like you and me who are tempted to despair or lose hope; He still says: Don’t look down. Keep your fork.” [ read more... ]

Image for sermon God is not fair?

God is not fair?

Matthew 20:1-16
It’s not for us to decide whether God is fair or not, but one thing we do know is that He is merciful. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon God is not fair?

God is not fair?

Matthew 20:1-16
It’s not for us to decide whether God is fair or not, but one thing we do know is that He is merciful. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon God’s Body Language

God’s Body Language

John 13:34-35
Have you been saying by your words and deeds that, “I love you” or “I appreciate you”? We are the body of Christ and His body language must always say to each other and the world, “I care and I love you”. God bless you as you discuss “God’s Body Language”. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon God’s Body Language

God’s Body Language

John 13:34-35
Have you been saying by your words and deeds that, “I love you” or “I appreciate you”? We are the body of Christ and His body language must always say to each other and the world, “I care and I love you”. God bless you as you discuss “God’s Body Language”. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Hospitality

Hospitality

Luke 14:12-14
By cleaning up your mess and leaving in a timely manner, no later than 9 pm, you show your respect for your host/hostess. We should all look forward to hosting a Home Friendship Group Meeting! [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Hospitality

Hospitality

Luke 14:12-14
By cleaning up your mess and leaving in a timely manner, no later than 9 pm, you show your respect for your host/hostess. We should all look forward to hosting a Home Friendship Group Meeting! [ read more... ]

2000+ VIEW BACKGROUNDS

NEWSLETTER ARTICLES

Thumbnail

Five ways to know whether or not your plan is working. First let me establish what growth is; Growth takes place...[read more]

Thumbnail

1Th 1:6  “And ye became followers of us, and of the Lord, having received the word in much affliction, w...[read more]

Thumbnail

Leadership is a complex issue in the 21st Century. Christian leaders at every level in business, church, school, an...[read more]

see all popular articles...

Name and Email are required to proceed.

Already a PreachIt.org Member?
Username or Password was incorrect.
Please try again.
Username or Password was incorrect. Please try again.