By Scripture
Chapter
Verse
By Keyword
Looking For Fresh Sermon Inspiration?

Sermon Outline Search Results For Topic: "Baptism"

Water Changes Everything

Genesis 1:1-10

So many of us were like the world when the Lord found us. We just existed without any real purpose. We lived our lives in a routine that was likely dictated by someone else; we went through our day without a clear purpose or direction, we existed to serve the routine. Our lives were void and without form.

Other sermons you might like

Image for sermon Truth Or Tradition

Truth Or Tradition

Acts 2:28-28
Topic: Baptism
In history there was a great man named Aristotle. He taught that heavier objects fall faster than lighter ones. Because he was one of the greatest thinkers of his time, people believed him. After two thousand years of people believing this, another man named Galileo called for learned men to come to the base of a high tower. He then climbed to the top and pushed off a five kilo and a one kilo weight at the same time... [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Truth Or Tradition

Truth Or Tradition

Acts 2:28-28
In history there was a great man named Aristotle. He taught that heavier objects fall faster than lighter ones. Because he was one of the greatest thinkers of his time, people believed him. After two thousand years of people believing this, another man named Galileo called for learned men to come to the base of a high tower. He then climbed to the top and pushed off a five kilo and a one kilo weight at the same time... [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Zombie Sins

Zombie Sins

Romans 6:2-2
Topics: Baptism Encouragement Spiritual Warfare Spiritual Growth
If you’ve never been in the waters of baptism, there’s an opportunity today. These waters are open to anyone who wishes to kill their old sinful nature. If you’ve been living as a slave to the sins in your life, then you’re like the Israelites in the Bible. God wants nothing more than to rescue you from that sin just like he rescued them. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Zombie Sins

Zombie Sins

Romans 6:2-2
Topics: Baptism Encouragement Spiritual Warfare Spiritual Growth
If you’ve never been in the waters of baptism, there’s an opportunity today. These waters are open to anyone who wishes to kill their old sinful nature. If you’ve been living as a slave to the sins in your life, then you’re like the Israelites in the Bible. God wants nothing more than to rescue you from that sin just like he rescued them. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Power in The Blood

Power in The Blood

Hebrews 2:14-15
Topics: Baptism Holy Spirit Infilling Salvation Encouragement Spiritual Growth
God held nothing back from the blood of Jesus. It says that in him all fullness dwells. Only God can forgive sins, yet through the blood of Jesus our sins are forgiven. Only God can create life, yet through the blood our life can be saved. All things in earth and in heaven are available to us through His blood. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Power in The Blood

Power in The Blood

Hebrews 2:14-15
Topics: Baptism Holy Spirit Infilling Salvation Encouragement Spiritual Growth
God held nothing back from the blood of Jesus. It says that in him all fullness dwells. Only God can forgive sins, yet through the blood of Jesus our sins are forgiven. Only God can create life, yet through the blood our life can be saved. All things in earth and in heaven are available to us through His blood. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Nature Abhors a Vacuum

Nature Abhors a Vacuum

Matthew 12:43-45
Topics: Baptism Holy Spirit Infilling Encouragement Spiritual Warfare Spiritual Growth Faith Getting To Know Him
Once your spiritual apartment has been cleaned, God is the one that desires to take up residence there. The waters of baptism create a spiritual vacuum within us. If we do not fill that void with the Holy Ghost as our new tenant, then the pressures of the world will eventual force their way in. Nature abhors a vacuum. If you are going to take something away, you need to replace it with something else. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Nature Abhors a Vacuum

Nature Abhors a Vacuum

Matthew 12:43-45
Topics: Baptism Holy Spirit Infilling Encouragement Spiritual Warfare Spiritual Growth Faith Getting To Know Him
Once your spiritual apartment has been cleaned, God is the one that desires to take up residence there. The waters of baptism create a spiritual vacuum within us. If we do not fill that void with the Holy Ghost as our new tenant, then the pressures of the world will eventual force their way in. Nature abhors a vacuum. If you are going to take something away, you need to replace it with something else. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Don’t Pack Up Your Troubles

Don’t Pack Up Your Troubles

2 Timothy 3:8-8
Topics: Baptism Encouragement Spiritual Growth
Paul tells us that Baptism is like our death, burial, and resurrection. Our old man died, was buried in the water, and our new man rose again. Too many of us keep that old man propped up in the corner. We keep carrying around the sins, lusts, and pride of our past. We carry this mixed multitude with us. If you want to store anything, store up your treasures in heaven where moth and rust do not corrupt. Purge yourself from all the unclean things of this earth. Purge your pride. Forget who you think you are; become who God thinks you are. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Don’t Pack Up Your Troubles

Don’t Pack Up Your Troubles

2 Timothy 3:8-8
Topics: Baptism Encouragement Spiritual Growth
Paul tells us that Baptism is like our death, burial, and resurrection. Our old man died, was buried in the water, and our new man rose again. Too many of us keep that old man propped up in the corner. We keep carrying around the sins, lusts, and pride of our past. We carry this mixed multitude with us. If you want to store anything, store up your treasures in heaven where moth and rust do not corrupt. Purge yourself from all the unclean things of this earth. Purge your pride. Forget who you think you are; become who God thinks you are. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon A Fool for a Client

A Fool for a Client

Leviticus 23:23-25
Topics: Baptism Salvation Encouragement
Someday there will be a court docket with your name on it. In that day, the Judge and the Prosecutor are going to evaluate your life. Make no mistake, the prosecutor, Satan, is going to have a huge manila folder full of evidence against you. If you go into that court date with a plan to be your own defense attorney, you have a fool for a client. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon A Fool for a Client

A Fool for a Client

Leviticus 23:23-25
Topics: Baptism Salvation Encouragement
Someday there will be a court docket with your name on it. In that day, the Judge and the Prosecutor are going to evaluate your life. Make no mistake, the prosecutor, Satan, is going to have a huge manila folder full of evidence against you. If you go into that court date with a plan to be your own defense attorney, you have a fool for a client. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon I Have Decided

I Have Decided

Joel 3:14-14
Topics: Baptism Salvation Encouragement Spiritual Growth Faith Repentance Getting To Know Him
As I stand here today, I can tell you that that one single decision that I made over 30 years ago was the greatest decision of my life. [ read more... ]

I Have Decided

Topics: Baptism Salvation Encouragement Spiritual Growth Faith Repentance Getting To Know Him
As I stand here today, I can tell you that that one single decision that I made over 30 years ago was the greatest decision of my life. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon What's Wrong with the Name of Jesus

What's Wrong with the Name of Jesus

Acts 4:10-12
There are religious ceremonies going on all over this country that are singing about and preaching about the name of Jesus, but they refuse to take on the name of Jesus in water baptism. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon What's Wrong with the Name of Jesus

What's Wrong with the Name of Jesus

Acts 4:10-12
There are religious ceremonies going on all over this country that are singing about and preaching about the name of Jesus, but they refuse to take on the name of Jesus in water baptism. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Why Can't I Be Baptized?

Why Can't I Be Baptized?

Acts 8:26-38
The simple act of being baptized does not save you; you must have an understanding of what that baptism is doing for you spiritually before it can have the effect of salvation on your life. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Why Can't I Be Baptized?

Why Can't I Be Baptized?

Acts 8:26-38
The simple act of being baptized does not save you; you must have an understanding of what that baptism is doing for you spiritually before it can have the effect of salvation on your life. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon For the Remission of Sins

For the Remission of Sins

Romans 3:23-23
That’s why a preacher is really a doctor who can baptize you in the name of a Savior who can put your disease of sin into REMISSION! [ read more... ]

Image for sermon For the Remission of Sins

For the Remission of Sins

Romans 3:23-23
That’s why a preacher is really a doctor who can baptize you in the name of a Savior who can put your disease of sin into REMISSION! [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Baptism In The Name Of Jesus

Baptism In The Name Of Jesus

Acts 4:12-12
Gods are known by their names. Names bring a distinction to the owner of that name. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Baptism In The Name Of Jesus

Baptism In The Name Of Jesus

Acts 4:12-12
Gods are known by their names. Names bring a distinction to the owner of that name. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Baptism In The Name Of Jesus - Handout

Baptism In The Name Of Jesus - Handout

Acts 4:12-0
Scriptural handout to message - Baptism in the name of Jesus [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Baptism In The Name Of Jesus - Handout

Baptism In The Name Of Jesus - Handout

Acts 4:12-0
Scriptural handout to message - Baptism in the name of Jesus [ read more... ]

I Have Decided

God has been knocking at our heart's door for as long as many of us can remember, but to this day some of us have still not decided what to do about Him. [ read more... ]

I Have Decided

God has been knocking at our heart's door for as long as many of us can remember, but to this day some of us have still not decided what to do about Him. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Water Baptism

Water Baptism

Acts 2:38-38
From the very beginning of Creation, water has figured prominently into the Bible. At every point that water appears, it symbolizes a change. [ read more... ]

Water Baptism

From the very beginning of Creation, water has figured prominently into the Bible. At every point that water appears, it symbolizes a change. [ read more... ]

Water Baptism

Matthew 28:19-20
And now why tarriest thou? Arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord [ read more... ]

Water Baptism

Matthew 28:19-20
And now why tarriest thou? Arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Water Baptism in Jesus' Name

Water Baptism in Jesus' Name

The subject of "Water Baptism" has long been called a great issue... In our study of it, let us first consider its importance, or the "necessity" of being baptized. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Water Baptism in Jesus' Name

Water Baptism in Jesus' Name

The subject of "Water Baptism" has long been called a great issue... In our study of it, let us first consider its importance, or the "necessity" of being baptized. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Water Baptism According to the Bible

Water Baptism According to the Bible

Without question the early church taught and practiced baptism by immersion. If your form of baptism cannot be found in the Bible, aren't you afraid to practice it? [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Water Baptism According to the Bible

Water Baptism According to the Bible

Without question the early church taught and practiced baptism by immersion. If your form of baptism cannot be found in the Bible, aren't you afraid to practice it? [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Key to Everlasting life, The

Key to Everlasting life, The

2 Timothy 3:16-17
The Key to Everlasting life [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Key to Everlasting life, The

Key to Everlasting life, The

2 Timothy 3:16-17
The Key to Everlasting life [ read more... ]

Image for sermon The Voice of the Blood

The Voice of the Blood

Genesis 4:10-10
When you were baptized in Jesus name and filled with the Holy Ghost, God put His blood on you. And that blood cries tonight, Innocent,innocent, innocent. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon The Voice of the Blood

The Voice of the Blood

Genesis 4:10-10
When you were baptized in Jesus name and filled with the Holy Ghost, God put His blood on you. And that blood cries tonight, Innocent,innocent, innocent. [ read more... ]

2000+ VIEW BACKGROUNDS

NEWSLETTER ARTICLES

Thumbnail

There are times that I really get wrapped up with being important. I mean those times when I am so into the importa...[read more]

Thumbnail

We live in a world that needs healing.  We are surrounded by people who need healing.  The pain of this h...[read more]

Thumbnail

In his research of leaders, both historical and contemporary, author Robert Clinton found that few leaders actually...[read more]

see all popular articles...

Name and Email are required to proceed.

Already a PreachIt.org Member?
Username or Password was incorrect.
Please try again.
Username or Password was incorrect. Please try again.