Chapter
Verse
By Keyword
Looking For Fresh Sermon Inspiration?

Sermon Outline Search Results For Topic: "The Church"

The Desire of the Church

1 Samuel 1:1-18

Topics: The Church

If we attempt great things for God, we shall accomplish much. Let your dreams be equal in size to God’s abilities.

Other sermons you might like

Image for sermon The Fellowship of His Sufferings

The Fellowship of His Sufferings

Philippians 3:4-14
Topic: The Church
We all want to go to Heaven. But are we willing to share in the fellowship of His sufferings? How much are we willing to die to ourselves that Christ might live in us? [ read more... ]

Image for sermon The Fellowship of His Sufferings

The Fellowship of His Sufferings

Philippians 3:4-14
We all want to go to Heaven. But are we willing to share in the fellowship of His sufferings? How much are we willing to die to ourselves that Christ might live in us? [ read more... ]

Image for sermon The Girdle of God

The Girdle of God

Jeremiah 13:11-11
The Girdle of God Represents a People Which Had Been Called By His Name, and He had surrounded Himself With [ read more... ]

Image for sermon The Girdle of God

The Girdle of God

Jeremiah 13:11-11
The Girdle of God Represents a People Which Had Been Called By His Name, and He had surrounded Himself With [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Revealing Jesus Christ

Revealing Jesus Christ

Galatians 1:15-16
It comes to my mind to mention that the Book of Revelation, titled after the concept of the Revelation of Jesus Christ, is aptly placed at the end of the Bible. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Revealing Jesus Christ

Revealing Jesus Christ

Galatians 1:15-16
It comes to my mind to mention that the Book of Revelation, titled after the concept of the Revelation of Jesus Christ, is aptly placed at the end of the Bible. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon The First Sermon of the Church

The First Sermon of the Church

Acts 1:1-3
It is important to understand that when Peter stood to preach on the day of Pentecost that he had been filled with the Spirit. This gave oldness to his actions and there was an abiding authority that had not been present prior to Pentecost. If a man does not have authority he should not endeavor to fulfill the call to ministry. The burden of preaching is on the preacher therefore he must be equipped by the Holy Ghost to fulfill this role of speaking the word of the Lord. Any effective preaching will always have the work of the Holy Ghost involved in the delivery of the message. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon The First Sermon of the Church

The First Sermon of the Church

Acts 1:1-3
It is important to understand that when Peter stood to preach on the day of Pentecost that he had been filled with the Spirit. This gave oldness to his actions and there was an abiding authority that had not been present prior to Pentecost. If a man does not have authority he should not endeavor to fulfill the call to ministry. The burden of preaching is on the preacher therefore he must be equipped by the Holy Ghost to fulfill this role of speaking the word of the Lord. Any effective preaching will always have the work of the Holy Ghost involved in the delivery of the message. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Are We The Church Of God Or The Church Of The World?

Are We The Church Of God Or The Church Of The World?

Hebrews 10:25-26
For years I have watched as the church that was once broken and saddened by the condition of the world….. but now it has become more like the world. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Are We The Church Of God Or The Church Of The World?

Are We The Church Of God Or The Church Of The World?

Hebrews 10:25-26
For years I have watched as the church that was once broken and saddened by the condition of the world….. but now it has become more like the world. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon The Church (Some Assembly Required)

The Church (Some Assembly Required)

Hebrews 10:19-25
"ASSEMBLY": 1. The act of assembling, or the state of being assembled. 2. A number of persons met for a common purpose. 3. The act or process of fitting together the parts of a machine,etc.; also, the parts themselves. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon The Church (Some Assembly Required)

The Church (Some Assembly Required)

Hebrews 10:19-25
"ASSEMBLY": 1. The act of assembling, or the state of being assembled. 2. A number of persons met for a common purpose. 3. The act or process of fitting together the parts of a machine,etc.; also, the parts themselves. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon The Church: God's Restoration Of The Family Of Mankind

The Church: God's Restoration Of The Family Of Mankind

John 4:3-7
John is quite a wonderful book of the Bible. It's first few chapters parallel the first few chapters of the book of Genesis, as we have indicated in times past. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon The Church: God's Restoration Of The Family Of Mankind

The Church: God's Restoration Of The Family Of Mankind

John 4:3-7
John is quite a wonderful book of the Bible. It's first few chapters parallel the first few chapters of the book of Genesis, as we have indicated in times past. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon A Quick Overview of Church Growth in the Book of Acts

A Quick Overview of Church Growth in the Book of Acts

Acts 2:47-47
Acts 2 records the beginning of the church. The Holy Ghost was poured on about 120 people. Peter stood and preached. His preaching yielded 3000. Because of these elements many wonders and signs were done by the apostles (verse 43). As a result, “the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved” (Acts 2:47). [ read more... ]

Image for sermon A Quick Overview of Church Growth in the Book of Acts

A Quick Overview of Church Growth in the Book of Acts

Acts 2:47-47
Acts 2 records the beginning of the church. The Holy Ghost was poured on about 120 people. Peter stood and preached. His preaching yielded 3000. Because of these elements many wonders and signs were done by the apostles (verse 43). As a result, “the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved” (Acts 2:47). [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Signs of a Healthy Church

Signs of a Healthy Church

Acts 2:42-42
The Church is not like any organization you might find in the world. It is a living organism. The church is a living body established in Acts 2. The term “Pentecostal” is not just another denomination, it is a way of life. Jesus came to give us a more abundant life; an overflowing life. He said, “...Upon this rock I will build my church...” (Matthew 16:18). The word “church” comes from the Greek word, “ecclesia” which means “called out ones.” The church is people. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Signs of a Healthy Church

Signs of a Healthy Church

Acts 2:42-42
The Church is not like any organization you might find in the world. It is a living organism. The church is a living body established in Acts 2. The term “Pentecostal” is not just another denomination, it is a way of life. Jesus came to give us a more abundant life; an overflowing life. He said, “...Upon this rock I will build my church...” (Matthew 16:18). The word “church” comes from the Greek word, “ecclesia” which means “called out ones.” The church is people. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Pauls Method Of Church Planting

Pauls Method Of Church Planting

Acts 20:20-20
Paul the Apostle was a tremendous missionary who made three different missionary journeys in the Book of Acts. His strategy of evangelism and church planting involved taking a partner or a small group of people and traveling to major cities to establish churches. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Pauls Method Of Church Planting

Pauls Method Of Church Planting

Acts 20:20-20
Paul the Apostle was a tremendous missionary who made three different missionary journeys in the Book of Acts. His strategy of evangelism and church planting involved taking a partner or a small group of people and traveling to major cities to establish churches. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Is My Church Drifting?

Is My Church Drifting?

Acts 20:28-31
The King James Version admonishes us to “give the more earnest heed to the things which we have heard, lest at any time we should let them slip” (Hebrews 2:1). It is as if the truth could slip out of our hands, and we could slip out of His grace. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Is My Church Drifting?

Is My Church Drifting?

Acts 20:28-31
The King James Version admonishes us to “give the more earnest heed to the things which we have heard, lest at any time we should let them slip” (Hebrews 2:1). It is as if the truth could slip out of our hands, and we could slip out of His grace. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Chosen And Ordained

Chosen And Ordained

John 15:14-16
Jesus defined some of the things about our walk with Him in what were to be His last words before a night of agonizing prayer. After that greatly pressured prayer, He would have to endure the shame of the Cross, but before He got to that He had some last minute words for His disciples both then and now. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Chosen And Ordained

Chosen And Ordained

John 15:14-16
Jesus defined some of the things about our walk with Him in what were to be His last words before a night of agonizing prayer. After that greatly pressured prayer, He would have to endure the shame of the Cross, but before He got to that He had some last minute words for His disciples both then and now. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon The Un-persecuted Church

The Un-persecuted Church

Matthew 5:10-13
We look at persecution as people not being in agreement with our doctrine, or the way we dress and our holiness standards and that is the reason people talk about us. But that is not persecution that is a misunderstanding of scripture. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon The Un-persecuted Church

The Un-persecuted Church

Matthew 5:10-13
We look at persecution as people not being in agreement with our doctrine, or the way we dress and our holiness standards and that is the reason people talk about us. But that is not persecution that is a misunderstanding of scripture. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Independent or Interdependent

Independent or Interdependent

Romans 8:12-16
We have not received the spirit of bondage, but rather the Spirit of adoption. We are no longer slaves to sin, but instead we have been adopted into the family of God. We are His children. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Independent or Interdependent

Independent or Interdependent

Romans 8:12-16
We have not received the spirit of bondage, but rather the Spirit of adoption. We are no longer slaves to sin, but instead we have been adopted into the family of God. We are His children. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon It’s Time To Return To Our Apostolic Roots

It’s Time To Return To Our Apostolic Roots

1 Kings 18:18-21
For years, I have watched as the Apostolic Movement that once glorified God and stood for Righteousness and holiness and pure faith in God take another turn to toward the worst. I have watched the decline of this movement and I now see altars that once were on fire and soaked with tears of saints that hungered for a move of God. Now the fire and tears are gone and we are satisfied just getting through a service to say we have been to church. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon It’s Time To Return To Our Apostolic Roots

It’s Time To Return To Our Apostolic Roots

1 Kings 18:18-21
For years, I have watched as the Apostolic Movement that once glorified God and stood for Righteousness and holiness and pure faith in God take another turn to toward the worst. I have watched the decline of this movement and I now see altars that once were on fire and soaked with tears of saints that hungered for a move of God. Now the fire and tears are gone and we are satisfied just getting through a service to say we have been to church. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon 5 Things Jesus Left The Church

5 Things Jesus Left The Church

Acts 1:1-11
Perhaps you have heard about the congregation that decided to build a new church building. A Building Committee was chosen and soon they began meeting regularly. After MANY meetings and much discussion, the Building Committee passed the following resolutions... [ read more... ]

Image for sermon 5 Things Jesus Left The Church

5 Things Jesus Left The Church

Acts 1:1-11
Perhaps you have heard about the congregation that decided to build a new church building. A Building Committee was chosen and soon they began meeting regularly. After MANY meetings and much discussion, the Building Committee passed the following resolutions... [ read more... ]

Image for sermon The Body Of Christ

The Body Of Christ

1 Corinthians 1:10-13
Something about the Christmas season that I really love is the opportunity to spend a lot of time with family! It is one of the very few times of the year when there are no schedules to follow. We ought to celebrate it four times a year! [ read more... ]

Image for sermon The Body Of Christ

The Body Of Christ

1 Corinthians 1:10-13
Something about the Christmas season that I really love is the opportunity to spend a lot of time with family! It is one of the very few times of the year when there are no schedules to follow. We ought to celebrate it four times a year! [ read more... ]

Image for sermon The Legacy Of Lester

The Legacy Of Lester

Hebrews 11:33-1
They stand as silent witnesses of all that has been done and sacrificed to bring us to today. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon The Legacy Of Lester

The Legacy Of Lester

Hebrews 11:33-1
They stand as silent witnesses of all that has been done and sacrificed to bring us to today. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon No More Yo-Yo

No More Yo-Yo

John 1:40-42
Are we solid saints? [ read more... ]

Image for sermon No More Yo-Yo

No More Yo-Yo

John 1:40-42
Are we solid saints? [ read more... ]

2000+ VIEW BACKGROUNDS

NEWSLETTER ARTICLES

Thumbnail

Fear can and will keep many good leaders from becoming great leaders. Many mountain climbers have stood at the base...[read more]

Thumbnail

Fourteen years ago I began a career as an investment advisor. After spending weeks studying for the state and feder...[read more]

Thumbnail

Jesus died for the sins of the world. He did not die for most, several or some. He died for all. When He suffe...[read more]

see all popular articles...

Name and Email are required to proceed.

Already a PreachIt.org Member?
Username or Password was incorrect.
Please try again.
Username or Password was incorrect. Please try again.