Chapter
Verse
By Keyword
Looking For Fresh Sermon Inspiration?

Sermon Outline Search Results For Topic: "The Church"

Why Church?

Acts 2:46-47

Topics: The Church

The early Christians determined from the outset of the church the importance of gathering together, both in the Temple and in their homes.

Other sermons you might like

Image for sermon The Effects Of Fresh Fire

The Effects Of Fresh Fire

Revelation 3:15-19
Topic: The Church
The most outlandish error of charisma was to overreact to early Pentecostal legalism. We went from makeup to critical mascara. Holiness is not legalism; legalism is fear and hatred garbed in rules. It judges by outward appearance and afflicts the flesh in order to gain power. This is a corruption of the cross of Christ. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon The Effects Of Fresh Fire

The Effects Of Fresh Fire

Revelation 3:15-19
The most outlandish error of charisma was to overreact to early Pentecostal legalism. We went from makeup to critical mascara. Holiness is not legalism; legalism is fear and hatred garbed in rules. It judges by outward appearance and afflicts the flesh in order to gain power. This is a corruption of the cross of Christ. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Wheat In His Barn

Wheat In His Barn

Matthew 13:24-30
He went forth weeping, bearing precious seed, but he shall come again rejoicing, bringing his sheaves with him. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Wheat In His Barn

Wheat In His Barn

Matthew 13:24-30
He went forth weeping, bearing precious seed, but he shall come again rejoicing, bringing his sheaves with him. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Be Contagious

Be Contagious

Acts 4:6-6
According to some there are as many as ½ a billion Pentecostals in the world today. As many as 50 million are Jesus name water baptized folks. How did this spread so quickly and with such fever? People were exposed to contagious Pentecostals who showed the world that living a Christian lifestyle is the best thing in the world. To catch any disease there must first be exposure to that disease. It is time we exposed Jesus Christ and this glorious gospel to the world. “Let your light so shine before men”. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Be Contagious

Be Contagious

Acts 4:6-6
According to some there are as many as ½ a billion Pentecostals in the world today. As many as 50 million are Jesus name water baptized folks. How did this spread so quickly and with such fever? People were exposed to contagious Pentecostals who showed the world that living a Christian lifestyle is the best thing in the world. To catch any disease there must first be exposure to that disease. It is time we exposed Jesus Christ and this glorious gospel to the world. “Let your light so shine before men”. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Has The Church Forgotten The Warning?

Has The Church Forgotten The Warning?

Hebrews 2:3-9
Church we must awaken to what is being done in our nation and in the world. We are heading toward the end and great tribulations are upon us. We need to let the Holy Ghost lead us and guide us instead of trying in our flesh to find our own ways. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Has The Church Forgotten The Warning?

Has The Church Forgotten The Warning?

Hebrews 2:3-9
Church we must awaken to what is being done in our nation and in the world. We are heading toward the end and great tribulations are upon us. We need to let the Holy Ghost lead us and guide us instead of trying in our flesh to find our own ways. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon A Sound Church

A Sound Church

1 Timothy 1:10-10
The word sound is a proper, scriptual term. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon A Sound Church

A Sound Church

1 Timothy 1:10-10
The word sound is a proper, scriptual term. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Why Are There So Many Churches?

Why Are There So Many Churches?

Revelation 17:1-3
Why are there so many churches? Because of the daughters of the one mother harlot. Which one is right for me? The one that baptizes in the name of Jesus. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Why Are There So Many Churches?

Why Are There So Many Churches?

Revelation 17:1-3
Why are there so many churches? Because of the daughters of the one mother harlot. Which one is right for me? The one that baptizes in the name of Jesus. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon How To Destroy A Church

How To Destroy A Church

Ephesians 6:11-11
This message that I am going to preach is not my standard fare of preaching style. . . and yet there are some very valuable lessons to be learned from a speech that was given in late 2003 or early 2004. It only took him five minutes to deliver but it lodged in the hearts of a few who were willing to speak up. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon How To Destroy A Church

How To Destroy A Church

Ephesians 6:11-11
This message that I am going to preach is not my standard fare of preaching style. . . and yet there are some very valuable lessons to be learned from a speech that was given in late 2003 or early 2004. It only took him five minutes to deliver but it lodged in the hearts of a few who were willing to speak up. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Hell’s Biggest Party

Hell’s Biggest Party

Isaiah 14:9-9
Hell has fallen on hard times. A recent George Barna survey found that 67% of Americans do not believe in hell. That means that only 33% of Americans believe in a literal hell. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Hell’s Biggest Party

Hell’s Biggest Party

Isaiah 14:9-9
Hell has fallen on hard times. A recent George Barna survey found that 67% of Americans do not believe in hell. That means that only 33% of Americans believe in a literal hell. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon The Lasting Effects of the House of God

The Lasting Effects of the House of God

1 Kings 10:4-5
How valuable is one day in God's House? [ read more... ]

Image for sermon The Lasting Effects of the House of God

The Lasting Effects of the House of God

1 Kings 10:4-5
How valuable is one day in God's House? [ read more... ]

Image for sermon You Were Always On His Mind

You Were Always On His Mind

Revelation 13:8-8
Topics: General Salvation The Cross The Church Getting To Know Him
We heard the hymn saying, “When He was on the cross, I was on His mind.” [ read more... ]

Image for sermon You Were Always On His Mind

You Were Always On His Mind

Revelation 13:8-8
Topics: General Salvation The Cross The Church Getting To Know Him
We heard the hymn saying, “When He was on the cross, I was on His mind.” [ read more... ]

Image for sermon 4 Things Christ Is Able To Do

4 Things Christ Is Able To Do

Ephesians 3:20-21
Topics: General The Church
Perhaps one of the greatest New Testament affirmations is that Jesus Christ is able to do what no one else can do. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon 4 Things Christ Is Able To Do

4 Things Christ Is Able To Do

Ephesians 3:20-21
Topics: General The Church
Perhaps one of the greatest New Testament affirmations is that Jesus Christ is able to do what no one else can do. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon I Believe

I Believe

John 20:24-29
Topics: General Spiritual Growth Faith The Church
There’s something to be said about waiting, tarrying, not leaving too quickly! Sometimes we rush in and rush out and never come face to face with the Lord. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon I Believe

I Believe

John 20:24-29
Topics: General Spiritual Growth Faith The Church
There’s something to be said about waiting, tarrying, not leaving too quickly! Sometimes we rush in and rush out and never come face to face with the Lord. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon The Book of Tears

The Book of Tears

Psalms 56:8-8
Because we are in a Bible study mode tonight, where we come to listen and learn, upon occasion we tend to not expect a move of the spirit in that type of service. I want you to stay very sensitive to the Lord. It is going to be difficult for me to be completely methodic tonight. Because of the subject, I feel that we should all stay sensitive to the leading of the Lord tonight as we learn. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon The Book of Tears

The Book of Tears

Psalms 56:8-8
Because we are in a Bible study mode tonight, where we come to listen and learn, upon occasion we tend to not expect a move of the spirit in that type of service. I want you to stay very sensitive to the Lord. It is going to be difficult for me to be completely methodic tonight. Because of the subject, I feel that we should all stay sensitive to the leading of the Lord tonight as we learn. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Is Dancing Sinful

Is Dancing Sinful

Exodus 15:20-20
Our attitude toward dancing is a prime example. Can a person dance and still please the Lord? Is dancing consistent with the purity and holiness that God demands of a Christian? Let's study this subject with an open mind and honest heart. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Is Dancing Sinful

Is Dancing Sinful

Exodus 15:20-20
Our attitude toward dancing is a prime example. Can a person dance and still please the Lord? Is dancing consistent with the purity and holiness that God demands of a Christian? Let's study this subject with an open mind and honest heart. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Joy

Joy

Philippians 4:4-4
Surely, everyone wants life to be full of joy. Inevitably, life has its downs, but that is not the way we want it to be. There are many ways in which Christians are different from the people of the world, but this is a desire held by all. And yet, what brings this joy? This can show differences between us. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Joy

Joy

Philippians 4:4-4
Surely, everyone wants life to be full of joy. Inevitably, life has its downs, but that is not the way we want it to be. There are many ways in which Christians are different from the people of the world, but this is a desire held by all. And yet, what brings this joy? This can show differences between us. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Converse

Converse

Psalms 50:23-23
What is the meaning of conversation? Strongs Hebrew: 1870 ??????? [derek /deh•rek/] n m. 705 occurrences; AV translates as “way” 590 times, “toward” 31 times, “journey” 23 times, “manner” eight times, and translated miscellaneously 53 times. 1 way, road, distance, journey, manner. 1A road, way, path. 1B journey. 1C direction. 1D manner, habit, way. 1E of course of life (fig.). 1F of moral character (fig.). How does that relate to conversions? What does it all mean? [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Converse

Converse

Psalms 50:23-23
What is the meaning of conversation? Strongs Hebrew: 1870 ??????? [derek /deh•rek/] n m. 705 occurrences; AV translates as “way” 590 times, “toward” 31 times, “journey” 23 times, “manner” eight times, and translated miscellaneously 53 times. 1 way, road, distance, journey, manner. 1A road, way, path. 1B journey. 1C direction. 1D manner, habit, way. 1E of course of life (fig.). 1F of moral character (fig.). How does that relate to conversions? What does it all mean? [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Judgmental - To Be or Not To Be - That is the Question!

Judgmental - To Be or Not To Be - That is the Question!

Acts 7:51-58
What does it mean not to be judgmental? Consider a situation as simple as buying toothpaste. There are a lot of choices on the store shelves: tartar control, striped, popular brands, generic brands, whitening formulas, tubes of many sizes, pumps, etcetera. There is nothing that a person can do that avoids the necessity of making a judgment of some kind. Clearly, avoiding judgments is not a warning to avoid decisions. It is obvious, therefore, that the Christian's life is filled with decisions, moral decisions and refusing to compromise the Truth, requires that the discerning Christian be (gasp!) "judgmental." [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Judgmental - To Be or Not To Be - That is the Question!

Judgmental - To Be or Not To Be - That is the Question!

Acts 7:51-58
What does it mean not to be judgmental? Consider a situation as simple as buying toothpaste. There are a lot of choices on the store shelves: tartar control, striped, popular brands, generic brands, whitening formulas, tubes of many sizes, pumps, etcetera. There is nothing that a person can do that avoids the necessity of making a judgment of some kind. Clearly, avoiding judgments is not a warning to avoid decisions. It is obvious, therefore, that the Christian's life is filled with decisions, moral decisions and refusing to compromise the Truth, requires that the discerning Christian be (gasp!) "judgmental." [ read more... ]

Image for sermon The Raiders of the Lost Ark

The Raiders of the Lost Ark

1 Samuel 4:11-11
The hue and the cry of the nation is now, “The glory of the Lord has departed.” What a sad thing for this to have happened. I pray that it never happens in my own personal life or the life of this church. The Glory of the Lord has to remain with us forever. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon The Raiders of the Lost Ark

The Raiders of the Lost Ark

1 Samuel 4:11-11
The hue and the cry of the nation is now, “The glory of the Lord has departed.” What a sad thing for this to have happened. I pray that it never happens in my own personal life or the life of this church. The Glory of the Lord has to remain with us forever. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon We Need A Manasseh

We Need A Manasseh

Genesis 41:50-52
But, one of the hardest things to overcome is when we are done wrong by those we consider friends, even family! [ read more... ]

Image for sermon We Need A Manasseh

We Need A Manasseh

Genesis 41:50-52
But, one of the hardest things to overcome is when we are done wrong by those we consider friends, even family! [ read more... ]

2000+ VIEW BACKGROUNDS

NEWSLETTER ARTICLES

Thumbnail

- C.S. Lewis: “Don’t just tell people how to feel, describe in such a way that people feel it t...[read more]

Thumbnail

How does one know if he or she has been called to preach? Or to reword the question: Have you been called to t...[read more]

Thumbnail

From the earliest messages of the Gospel that were preached by Jesus, until today, preachers have wanted their mess...[read more]

see all popular articles...

Name and Email are required to proceed.

Already a PreachIt.org Member?
Username or Password was incorrect.
Please try again.
Username or Password was incorrect. Please try again.