By Author
By Keyword
By Scripture
Chapter
Verse
By Keyword
Looking For Fresh Sermon Inspiration?

Sermon Outline Search Results For Topic: "The Church"

Are We The Church Of God Or The Church Of The World?

Hebrews 10:25-26

Topics: The Church

For years I have watched as the church that was once broken and saddened by the condition of the world….. but now it has become more like the world.

Other sermons you might like

Image for sermon This Is Your Wake Up Call

This Is Your Wake Up Call

2 Peter 3:1-4
Topic: The Church
Get right, get ready, go witness...He is coming soon! [ read more... ]

Image for sermon This Is Your Wake Up Call

This Is Your Wake Up Call

2 Peter 3:1-4
Get right, get ready, go witness...He is coming soon! [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Whatever Happened To Communication?

Whatever Happened To Communication?

Matthew 12:34-37
If we are walking in the light that is Jesus Christ, then we should be having fellowship with one another. For there to be fellowship there must be personal contact. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Whatever Happened To Communication?

Whatever Happened To Communication?

Matthew 12:34-37
If we are walking in the light that is Jesus Christ, then we should be having fellowship with one another. For there to be fellowship there must be personal contact. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon What Makes Us Pentecostal?

What Makes Us Pentecostal?

Acts 2:1-4
Faith is more than just a mental assent that says, “I believe there is a God.” Faith involves trust, commitment, and application. Faith means that there are acts of obedience that takes place along with that faith. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon What Makes Us Pentecostal?

What Makes Us Pentecostal?

Acts 2:1-4
Faith is more than just a mental assent that says, “I believe there is a God.” Faith involves trust, commitment, and application. Faith means that there are acts of obedience that takes place along with that faith. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Who Was That Masked Man?

Who Was That Masked Man?

Luke 4:16-21
John’s sign at Jesus’ baptism which may have been heard as a thundering voice but only intelligible to John because it was assign for John, not for the people until John related it to them [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Who Was That Masked Man?

Who Was That Masked Man?

Luke 4:16-21
John’s sign at Jesus’ baptism which may have been heard as a thundering voice but only intelligible to John because it was assign for John, not for the people until John related it to them [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Understanding the Will of God

Understanding the Will of God

Romans 12:1-2
Much has been written, preached and counseled concerning the will of God. I have heard some of the most bizarre situations explained away by just a simple, “It must be the will of God...” and have seen some of the most disastrous failures in life with the person involved trying to explain their actions with “I thought it was the will of God”. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Understanding the Will of God

Understanding the Will of God

Romans 12:1-2
Much has been written, preached and counseled concerning the will of God. I have heard some of the most bizarre situations explained away by just a simple, “It must be the will of God...” and have seen some of the most disastrous failures in life with the person involved trying to explain their actions with “I thought it was the will of God”. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Wolves At Dusk

Wolves At Dusk

Habakkuk 1:5-10
Over the course of years of living for God, there comes a valuable piece of advice. Stay in the church no matter what. . . . . There will be ups and downs in our walk with God but cannot afford to leave the safety of the fold. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Wolves At Dusk

Wolves At Dusk

Habakkuk 1:5-10
Over the course of years of living for God, there comes a valuable piece of advice. Stay in the church no matter what. . . . . There will be ups and downs in our walk with God but cannot afford to leave the safety of the fold. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon A Doer Of The Word - Handout

A Doer Of The Word - Handout

James 1:22-22
STUDY is the first step to being a doer of the Word. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon A Doer Of The Word - Handout

A Doer Of The Word - Handout

James 1:22-22
STUDY is the first step to being a doer of the Word. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon To Pass the Test - Teacher

To Pass the Test - Teacher

James 1:12-12
No one likes Tests, First of all its because Tests means acceptance or rejection, Pass of fail, promotion, or stagnation. At stake is nothing less than our future, even our self worth. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon To Pass the Test - Teacher

To Pass the Test - Teacher

No one likes Tests, First of all its because Tests means acceptance or rejection, Pass of fail, promotion, or stagnation. At stake is nothing less than our future, even our self worth. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon To Pass the Test-student

To Pass the Test-student

We can all have the same crown that paul was talking about, but it don’t come unless we pass the test. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon To Pass the Test-student

To Pass the Test-student

We can all have the same crown that paul was talking about, but it don’t come unless we pass the test. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon What Type of Vessel are you?

What Type of Vessel are you?

2 Timothy 2:19-19
THE FOUNDATION OF GOD STANDETH SURE.... DEVIL, STORMS OF LIFE, TRIALS, PERSECUTION....GOD, NOR HIS WORD, NOR HIS KINGDOM...SHALL BE MOVED...IT STANDETH SURE! [ read more... ]

Image for sermon What Type of Vessel are you?

What Type of Vessel are you?

2 Timothy 2:19-19
THE FOUNDATION OF GOD STANDETH SURE.... DEVIL, STORMS OF LIFE, TRIALS, PERSECUTION....GOD, NOR HIS WORD, NOR HIS KINGDOM...SHALL BE MOVED...IT STANDETH SURE! [ read more... ]

Image for sermon The Soul-Eater

The Soul-Eater

1 Peter 5:8-9
As I read about the characteristics of these lions, I begin to think of how the devil can be a lion and bent on the destruction of the saint of God. For that we reason, we must heed the words of Peter to be sober and to be vigilant. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon The Soul-Eater

The Soul-Eater

1 Peter 5:8-9
As I read about the characteristics of these lions, I begin to think of how the devil can be a lion and bent on the destruction of the saint of God. For that we reason, we must heed the words of Peter to be sober and to be vigilant. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Those Cute Little Foxes!

Those Cute Little Foxes!

Song of Solomon 2:15-15
This May Seem Foolish To You Tonight, But It’s The Repercussions Of A Loss Of The Small Things That Result In The Gargantuan Lose Of The IMPORTANT Things! [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Those Cute Little Foxes!

Those Cute Little Foxes!

Song of Solomon 2:15-15
This May Seem Foolish To You Tonight, But It’s The Repercussions Of A Loss Of The Small Things That Result In The Gargantuan Lose Of The IMPORTANT Things! [ read more... ]

Image for sermon When They Open the Door...What Will They Find?

When They Open the Door...What Will They Find?

John 12:20-21
Let me pause here to tell you that it is possible to come to church every Sunday and never SEE Jesus. It is even possible to feel his presence and power and never get a look at him. It’s possible for you to feel what everybody else is feeling while at church because of the crowd or the group that’s here but never feel him anywhere else and never really see him. But when I come to church I want to see him. In fact I don’t just want to see him at church I want to see him every day. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon When They Open the Door...What Will They Find?

When They Open the Door...What Will They Find?

John 12:20-21
Let me pause here to tell you that it is possible to come to church every Sunday and never SEE Jesus. It is even possible to feel his presence and power and never get a look at him. It’s possible for you to feel what everybody else is feeling while at church because of the crowd or the group that’s here but never feel him anywhere else and never really see him. But when I come to church I want to see him. In fact I don’t just want to see him at church I want to see him every day. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Where Were You?

Where Were You?

John 14:1-3
There have been many great and significant events in the history of these United States of America. Many people remember just where they were when they heard the news of such events for the first time. When remembering significant things that have happened in our country invariably people will ask the question, “Where were you?” when this particular event happened. Forever ingrained in our memories is where we were or what we were doing when particular events have taken place or we received the news of such things for the first time. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Where Were You?

Where Were You?

John 14:1-3
There have been many great and significant events in the history of these United States of America. Many people remember just where they were when they heard the news of such events for the first time. When remembering significant things that have happened in our country invariably people will ask the question, “Where were you?” when this particular event happened. Forever ingrained in our memories is where we were or what we were doing when particular events have taken place or we received the news of such things for the first time. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon What does it mean to be a Christian?

What does it mean to be a Christian?

Matthew 16:24-27
What does to mean to be a Christian? To love God? Many profess such, and their actions will either prove or deny this claim. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon What does it mean to be a Christian?

What does it mean to be a Christian?

Matthew 16:24-27
What does to mean to be a Christian? To love God? Many profess such, and their actions will either prove or deny this claim. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon The World's Lullaby

The World's Lullaby

Proverbs 6:9-9
It is high time the church becomes the church that God called it to be. We have for so long took a back seat to everything the church once stood for. We have let the world sing us to sleep with the sleep of death or the lullaby of the world if you will. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon The World's Lullaby

The World's Lullaby

Proverbs 6:9-9
It is high time the church becomes the church that God called it to be. We have for so long took a back seat to everything the church once stood for. We have let the world sing us to sleep with the sleep of death or the lullaby of the world if you will. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Throwing Your Life Away

Throwing Your Life Away

Mark 12:41-44
This story told in Mark 12 (also repeated in Luke 21:1-4) gives much insight as to how the Lord really looks at giving. I suppose that when you hear a text read like this one, that the mind of the hearer immediately surmises that this message has to do with money. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Throwing Your Life Away

Throwing Your Life Away

Mark 12:41-44
This story told in Mark 12 (also repeated in Luke 21:1-4) gives much insight as to how the Lord really looks at giving. I suppose that when you hear a text read like this one, that the mind of the hearer immediately surmises that this message has to do with money. [ read more... ]

2000+ VIEW BACKGROUNDS

NEWSLETTER ARTICLES

Thumbnail

Five Things you must do to get Unstuck! Has your church replaced truth with tradition?  Have you done the s...[read more]

Thumbnail

As common as the word mentor is in society, and in the business culture in general, when it comes to many...[read more]

Thumbnail

Here are a few things to remember when taking up the offering.Don’t be timid or embarrassed to ask people for...[read more]

see all popular articles...

Name and Email are required to proceed.

Already a PreachIt.org Member?
Username or Password was incorrect.
Please try again.
Username or Password was incorrect. Please try again.