Chapter
Verse
By Keyword
Looking For Fresh Sermon Inspiration?

Sermon Outline Search Results For Topic: "The Church"

I Will Not Go Back To Moab

Ruth 1:14-18

Topics: The Church

The story in Ruth is a tragedy and a triumph tied up in four short chapters. Ruth was from Moab and she was an intruder who had no business breaking into the greatest plan of history.

Other sermons you might like

Image for sermon The Raiders of the Lost Ark

The Raiders of the Lost Ark

1 Samuel 4:11-11
Topic: The Church
The hue and the cry of the nation is now, “The glory of the Lord has departed.” What a sad thing for this to have happened. I pray that it never happens in my own personal life or the life of this church. The Glory of the Lord has to remain with us forever. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon The Raiders of the Lost Ark

The Raiders of the Lost Ark

1 Samuel 4:11-11
The hue and the cry of the nation is now, “The glory of the Lord has departed.” What a sad thing for this to have happened. I pray that it never happens in my own personal life or the life of this church. The Glory of the Lord has to remain with us forever. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon The Soul-Eater

The Soul-Eater

1 Peter 5:8-9
As I read about the characteristics of these lions, I begin to think of how the devil can be a lion and bent on the destruction of the saint of God. For that we reason, we must heed the words of Peter to be sober and to be vigilant. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon The Soul-Eater

The Soul-Eater

1 Peter 5:8-9
As I read about the characteristics of these lions, I begin to think of how the devil can be a lion and bent on the destruction of the saint of God. For that we reason, we must heed the words of Peter to be sober and to be vigilant. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon The First Sermon of the Church

The First Sermon of the Church

Acts 1:1-3
It is important to understand that when Peter stood to preach on the day of Pentecost that he had been filled with the Spirit. This gave oldness to his actions and there was an abiding authority that had not been present prior to Pentecost. If a man does not have authority he should not endeavor to fulfill the call to ministry. The burden of preaching is on the preacher therefore he must be equipped by the Holy Ghost to fulfill this role of speaking the word of the Lord. Any effective preaching will always have the work of the Holy Ghost involved in the delivery of the message. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon The First Sermon of the Church

The First Sermon of the Church

Acts 1:1-3
It is important to understand that when Peter stood to preach on the day of Pentecost that he had been filled with the Spirit. This gave oldness to his actions and there was an abiding authority that had not been present prior to Pentecost. If a man does not have authority he should not endeavor to fulfill the call to ministry. The burden of preaching is on the preacher therefore he must be equipped by the Holy Ghost to fulfill this role of speaking the word of the Lord. Any effective preaching will always have the work of the Holy Ghost involved in the delivery of the message. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon The Girdle of God

The Girdle of God

Jeremiah 13:11-11
The Girdle of God Represents a People Which Had Been Called By His Name, and He had surrounded Himself With [ read more... ]

Image for sermon The Girdle of God

The Girdle of God

Jeremiah 13:11-11
The Girdle of God Represents a People Which Had Been Called By His Name, and He had surrounded Himself With [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Renew Our Days as of Old

Renew Our Days as of Old

Lamentations 5:19-22
This means that God is:1. Forever faithful 2. Forever steadfast 3. Forever what he has promised to be [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Renew Our Days as of Old

Renew Our Days as of Old

Lamentations 5:19-22
This means that God is:1. Forever faithful 2. Forever steadfast 3. Forever what he has promised to be [ read more... ]

Image for sermon To Know Jesus  Christ And Him Crucified

To Know Jesus Christ And Him Crucified

2 Corinthians 2:1-14
It is through the power of the Born again experience that was made possible through the cross. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon To Know Jesus  Christ And Him Crucified

To Know Jesus Christ And Him Crucified

2 Corinthians 2:1-14
It is through the power of the Born again experience that was made possible through the cross. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon The Church

The Church

The church has been chosen, called and anointed to proclaim the greatest message ever. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon The Church

The Church

The church has been chosen, called and anointed to proclaim the greatest message ever. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon It Is Time For The Church To Be The Church

It Is Time For The Church To Be The Church

1 Peter 2:9-10

Image for sermon Let the Church Be The Church

Let the Church Be The Church

Image for sermon Let the Church Be The Church

Let the Church Be The Church

Image for sermon The Unstoppable Church

The Unstoppable Church

Hebrews 11:36-38
And yet, notwithstanding all these continual persecutions and horrible punishments, the Church daily increased. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon The Unstoppable Church

The Unstoppable Church

Hebrews 11:36-38
And yet, notwithstanding all these continual persecutions and horrible punishments, the Church daily increased. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon God's Economy

God's Economy

1 Peter 1:3-3
This world is on a crash course for collapse and sometimes we act like we didn’t know it was going to happen. God is certainly not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. The sad truth is that most folks seem to think they either don’t need God or only need him at dinner time or in the middle of a crisis. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon God's Economy

God's Economy

1 Peter 1:3-3
This world is on a crash course for collapse and sometimes we act like we didn’t know it was going to happen. God is certainly not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. The sad truth is that most folks seem to think they either don’t need God or only need him at dinner time or in the middle of a crisis. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Christianese

Christianese

Philippians 1:27-27
The same sorry state exists in the ‘Christian Community’. Folks speak Christianese and have yet to truly learn the KING’S language. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Christianese

Christianese

Philippians 1:27-27
The same sorry state exists in the ‘Christian Community’. Folks speak Christianese and have yet to truly learn the KING’S language. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Who Was That Masked Man?

Who Was That Masked Man?

Luke 4:16-21
John’s sign at Jesus’ baptism which may have been heard as a thundering voice but only intelligible to John because it was assign for John, not for the people until John related it to them [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Who Was That Masked Man?

Who Was That Masked Man?

Luke 4:16-21
John’s sign at Jesus’ baptism which may have been heard as a thundering voice but only intelligible to John because it was assign for John, not for the people until John related it to them [ read more... ]

Image for sermon What Kind of Grape Are You?

What Kind of Grape Are You?

Isaiah 5:1-7
The life of each child of God is a type of a vineyard that the Lord works in.. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon What Kind of Grape Are You?

What Kind of Grape Are You?

Isaiah 5:1-7
The life of each child of God is a type of a vineyard that the Lord works in.. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon The Consequences of Backsliding

The Consequences of Backsliding

Hosea 11:7-7
I once heard a preacher say, "The Bible doesn’t say anything about backsliding." That man doesn't know his Bible! The Scriptures speak much about backsliding, because it is a very serious matter- with very severe consequences! [ read more... ]

Image for sermon The Consequences of Backsliding

The Consequences of Backsliding

Hosea 11:7-7
I once heard a preacher say, "The Bible doesn’t say anything about backsliding." That man doesn't know his Bible! The Scriptures speak much about backsliding, because it is a very serious matter- with very severe consequences! [ read more... ]

Image for sermon THE CHURCH GOD BLESSES

THE CHURCH GOD BLESSES

Ephesians 1:3-3
Do you understand that we are too blessed to be stressed? There’s too much joy in Jesus for any of us to ever get depressed! There’s too much peace in the Holy Ghost for you to be fretting about your health or your wealth! [ read more... ]

Image for sermon THE CHURCH GOD BLESSES

THE CHURCH GOD BLESSES

Ephesians 1:3-3
Do you understand that we are too blessed to be stressed? There’s too much joy in Jesus for any of us to ever get depressed! There’s too much peace in the Holy Ghost for you to be fretting about your health or your wealth! [ read more... ]

Image for sermon My Greatest Wish for You

My Greatest Wish for You

2 Corinthians 4:15-15
Wishing wells are still popular for those who don’t mind throwing away their money. The idea is that if one makes a wish and then drops a coin into the well, that particular wish will come true. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon My Greatest Wish for You

My Greatest Wish for You

2 Corinthians 4:15-15
Wishing wells are still popular for those who don’t mind throwing away their money. The idea is that if one makes a wish and then drops a coin into the well, that particular wish will come true. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Understanding the Will of God

Understanding the Will of God

Romans 12:1-2
Much has been written, preached and counseled concerning the will of God. I have heard some of the most bizarre situations explained away by just a simple, “It must be the will of God...” and have seen some of the most disastrous failures in life with the person involved trying to explain their actions with “I thought it was the will of God”. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Understanding the Will of God

Understanding the Will of God

Romans 12:1-2
Much has been written, preached and counseled concerning the will of God. I have heard some of the most bizarre situations explained away by just a simple, “It must be the will of God...” and have seen some of the most disastrous failures in life with the person involved trying to explain their actions with “I thought it was the will of God”. [ read more... ]

2000+ VIEW BACKGROUNDS

NEWSLETTER ARTICLES

Thumbnail

The expression of guarding the gates really has to do with guarding the mind. As noted in the previous message, Joh...[read more]

Thumbnail

Most people react badly to being interrupted. They often feel disrespected and small when you talk over them. ...[read more]

Thumbnail

In his research of leaders, both historical and contemporary, author Robert Clinton found that few leaders actually...[read more]

see all popular articles...

Name and Email are required to proceed.

Already a PreachIt.org Member?
Username or Password was incorrect.
Please try again.
Username or Password was incorrect. Please try again.