Chapter
Verse
By Keyword
Looking For Fresh Sermon Inspiration?

Sermon Outline Search Results For Topic: "Prayer"

The Secret Burden

Luke 11:1-1

Topics: Prayer

The church is anemic in the area of prayer. Busyness, carelessness, materialism, and all sorts of other excuses (but no real reasons) flit through our minds as to why that we cannot pray.

Other sermons you might like

Image for sermon The Struggle Of Prayer

The Struggle Of Prayer

Topic: Prayer
When I say “struggling” in prayer, I do not mean it is those prayers that we are fighting with some besetting sin or with the devil or with some outside temptation. . . . When I say “struggling” in prayer, I mean those times that our will does not match up to the will and purpose of God. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon The Struggle Of Prayer

The Struggle Of Prayer

When I say “struggling” in prayer, I do not mean it is those prayers that we are fighting with some besetting sin or with the devil or with some outside temptation. . . . When I say “struggling” in prayer, I mean those times that our will does not match up to the will and purpose of God. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon The Thieves of Prayer

The Thieves of Prayer

Mark 11:15-19
This house must become a house of prayer! [ read more... ]

Image for sermon The Thieves of Prayer

The Thieves of Prayer

Mark 11:15-19
This house must become a house of prayer! [ read more... ]

Image for sermon One Intercessor Can Make A Difference

One Intercessor Can Make A Difference

Matthew 21:18-20
Every soul in our world needs someone to intercede for them! [ read more... ]

Image for sermon One Intercessor Can Make A Difference

One Intercessor Can Make A Difference

Matthew 21:18-20
Every soul in our world needs someone to intercede for them! [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Dying At The Gate of Plenty…

Dying At The Gate of Plenty…

2 Kings 7:1-20
When God promises Revival and Blessing it will happen! Doubting God and discrediting his plan will not lessen His ability to perform. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Dying At The Gate of Plenty…

Dying At The Gate of Plenty…

2 Kings 7:1-20
When God promises Revival and Blessing it will happen! Doubting God and discrediting his plan will not lessen His ability to perform. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Just Call On Jesus

Just Call On Jesus

Jeremiah 33:3-3
God’s instruction to us is "Call unto Me." [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Just Call On Jesus

Just Call On Jesus

Jeremiah 33:3-3
God’s instruction to us is "Call unto Me." [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Prayer - Plain and Simple

Prayer - Plain and Simple

Mark 1:30-30
Bro. Groce expounds on the essentials of Prayer. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Prayer - Plain and Simple

Prayer - Plain and Simple

Mark 1:30-30
Bro. Groce expounds on the essentials of Prayer. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Wrong Motive For Prayer

Wrong Motive For Prayer

Exodus 8:8-8
I can hardly forget, although there are times I wish I could forget, what Brother Kelsey Griffin told us one day in class when he was speaking of the judgment seat of Christ. He was going through the varying degrees of fire that would try our works and he launched out with the thought that God was more concerned with our motives than with our success. He told us that men far too often look to the outward trappings of success in a man’s life and ministry and come to the conclusion that God must be in their efforts. But what troubled me so much was the next thing that he said, God is not moved by our successes but rather by our motives. There will come a time that He will test our motives to see if they are Spirit-driven or flesh-driven. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Wrong Motive For Prayer

Wrong Motive For Prayer

Exodus 8:8-8
I can hardly forget, although there are times I wish I could forget, what Brother Kelsey Griffin told us one day in class when he was speaking of the judgment seat of Christ. He was going through the varying degrees of fire that would try our works and he launched out with the thought that God was more concerned with our motives than with our success. He told us that men far too often look to the outward trappings of success in a man’s life and ministry and come to the conclusion that God must be in their efforts. But what troubled me so much was the next thing that he said, God is not moved by our successes but rather by our motives. There will come a time that He will test our motives to see if they are Spirit-driven or flesh-driven. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Things You can’t get Done by Prayer

Things You can’t get Done by Prayer

James 2:15-17
As powerful as prayer is, there are some things that it cannot do by itself. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Things You can’t get Done by Prayer

Things You can’t get Done by Prayer

James 2:15-17
As powerful as prayer is, there are some things that it cannot do by itself. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon The Road to a Burning Sacrifice

The Road to a Burning Sacrifice

1 Kings 18:22-24
1 Kings Chapter 16. The question being posed was this: Is your God real? God responded to the question by raising up a man, who offered a sacrifice, which was consumed with fire. It took a burning sacrifice to show the people who the one true God is. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon The Road to a Burning Sacrifice

The Road to a Burning Sacrifice

1 Kings 18:22-24
1 Kings Chapter 16. The question being posed was this: Is your God real? God responded to the question by raising up a man, who offered a sacrifice, which was consumed with fire. It took a burning sacrifice to show the people who the one true God is. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon When Gods People Pray

When Gods People Pray

Matthew 6:6-13
Like the physical phenomenon of lightning, tremendous spiritual energy is released when the prayers of Gods children start pulsating upward to Heaven. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon When Gods People Pray

When Gods People Pray

Matthew 6:6-13
Like the physical phenomenon of lightning, tremendous spiritual energy is released when the prayers of Gods children start pulsating upward to Heaven. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Daniel’s Keys for Successfully Talking With God

Daniel’s Keys for Successfully Talking With God

Daniel 9:1-4
[ read more... ]

Image for sermon Kingdom Praying

Kingdom Praying

Matthew 6:9-13
Matthew 5 through 7 is the Sermon on the Mount, as we have been hearing about lately. It is the KINGDOM. And speaking this sermon from a mountain about the Kingdom is very significant, because mountains represent kingdoms throughout the word of God. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Kingdom Praying

Kingdom Praying

Matthew 6:9-13
Matthew 5 through 7 is the Sermon on the Mount, as we have been hearing about lately. It is the KINGDOM. And speaking this sermon from a mountain about the Kingdom is very significant, because mountains represent kingdoms throughout the word of God. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon The Manner To Pray

The Manner To Pray

Matthew 6:9-10
This prayer is a pattern and skeleton framework of how to pray. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon The Manner To Pray

The Manner To Pray

Matthew 6:9-10
This prayer is a pattern and skeleton framework of how to pray. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Hell-Shaking Prayer

Hell-Shaking Prayer

Acts 4:31-31
I trust and I hope that we as the Church of the living God can come to the place that when we pray, we pray with such power that it shakes the very environment and it shakes the very foundations of hell. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Hell-Shaking Prayer

Hell-Shaking Prayer

Acts 4:31-31
I trust and I hope that we as the Church of the living God can come to the place that when we pray, we pray with such power that it shakes the very environment and it shakes the very foundations of hell. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon The Promise Of Prayer

The Promise Of Prayer

Psalms 126:6-6
A church or a saint that prays, is going to be a church that will be filled with power from God. There are too many people that are conquerors, but they are not more than conquerors. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon The Promise Of Prayer

The Promise Of Prayer

Psalms 126:6-6
A church or a saint that prays, is going to be a church that will be filled with power from God. There are too many people that are conquerors, but they are not more than conquerors. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Putting First Things First

Putting First Things First

Acts 6:4-4
The Apostle Paul once said, “All things are lawful for me, but all things are not expedient.” (1 Corinthians 10:23) This means that there are many things that we could do, but few things that we should do... [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Putting First Things First

Putting First Things First

Acts 6:4-4
The Apostle Paul once said, “All things are lawful for me, but all things are not expedient.” (1 Corinthians 10:23) This means that there are many things that we could do, but few things that we should do... [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Secret to Prayer:  “Just Do It!”

Secret to Prayer: “Just Do It!”

Acts 3:1-1
Prayer provided the basis for the spreading of the Gospel to the known world. The church began with prayer when about one hundred and twenty gathered together in the Upper Room to await, in prayer, the outpouring of the Holy Ghost. This resulted in a ten-day prayer meeting yielding results that are still being seen two thousand years later. Thus, prayer served as the launching pad for the birth and growth of the church. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Secret to Prayer:  “Just Do It!”

Secret to Prayer: “Just Do It!”

Acts 3:1-1
Prayer provided the basis for the spreading of the Gospel to the known world. The church began with prayer when about one hundred and twenty gathered together in the Upper Room to await, in prayer, the outpouring of the Holy Ghost. This resulted in a ten-day prayer meeting yielding results that are still being seen two thousand years later. Thus, prayer served as the launching pad for the birth and growth of the church. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon History's Greatest Prayer Meeting

History's Greatest Prayer Meeting

Luke 24:52-53
In the first two chapters of Acts, the disciples are in the “Prayer Room” waiting for the promise. When we enter our “Prayer Place” we are going there to wait for an answer. “For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us” (2 Corinthians 1:20). Also read Matthew 7:7-8. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon History's Greatest Prayer Meeting

History's Greatest Prayer Meeting

Luke 24:52-53
In the first two chapters of Acts, the disciples are in the “Prayer Room” waiting for the promise. When we enter our “Prayer Place” we are going there to wait for an answer. “For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us” (2 Corinthians 1:20). Also read Matthew 7:7-8. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon God Listens To The Cries Of The Desperate

God Listens To The Cries Of The Desperate

Acts 12:5-5
The believers in the New Testament handled desperate situations and persecutions with strong, unceasing prayer. In Acts 12:5, it looked as if Peter was in an impossible situation. James had been killed and Peter was put into the hands of sixteen prison guards. However, our God majors in working through impossible situations in the lives of His people. “The things which are impossible with men are possible with God” (Luke 18:27). The missing link between our questions and God’s answers is persistent prayer. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon God Listens To The Cries Of The Desperate

God Listens To The Cries Of The Desperate

Acts 12:5-5
The believers in the New Testament handled desperate situations and persecutions with strong, unceasing prayer. In Acts 12:5, it looked as if Peter was in an impossible situation. James had been killed and Peter was put into the hands of sixteen prison guards. However, our God majors in working through impossible situations in the lives of His people. “The things which are impossible with men are possible with God” (Luke 18:27). The missing link between our questions and God’s answers is persistent prayer. [ read more... ]

2000+ VIEW BACKGROUNDS

NEWSLETTER ARTICLES

Thumbnail

Fear can and will keep many good leaders from becoming great leaders. Many mountain climbers have stood at the base...[read more]

Thumbnail

Fourteen years ago I began a career as an investment advisor. After spending weeks studying for the state and feder...[read more]

Thumbnail

Jesus died for the sins of the world. He did not die for most, several or some. He died for all. When He suffe...[read more]

see all popular articles...

Name and Email are required to proceed.

Already a PreachIt.org Member?
Username or Password was incorrect.
Please try again.
Username or Password was incorrect. Please try again.