By Author
By Keyword
By Scripture
Chapter
Verse
By Keyword
Looking For Fresh Sermon Inspiration?

Sermon Outline Search Results For Topic: "Getting To Know Him"

How can you fix someone you haven’t loved? How do you skin a fish before you catch it? What makes you better than everyone else? Nothing!

Other sermons you might like

Image for sermon It's 5:00 Somewhere

It's 5:00 Somewhere

Deuteronomy 32:10-10
Topics: Encouragement Love Getting To Know Him
Jimmy Buffet once wrote a song called “It’s 5:00 Somewhere.” The premise of the song was that 5:00 was happy hour and that somewhere in the world It was 5:00, so it was acceptable to have a drink. Now I don’t know how much I agree with Jimmy Buffet’s reasoning’s, but there’s definitely something the church can take away from this old song. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon It's 5:00 Somewhere

It's 5:00 Somewhere

Deuteronomy 32:10-10
Topics: Encouragement Love Getting To Know Him
Jimmy Buffet once wrote a song called “It’s 5:00 Somewhere.” The premise of the song was that 5:00 was happy hour and that somewhere in the world It was 5:00, so it was acceptable to have a drink. Now I don’t know how much I agree with Jimmy Buffet’s reasoning’s, but there’s definitely something the church can take away from this old song. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Immediately

Immediately

Mark 2:1-12
Topics: Encouragement Spiritual Growth Faith Getting To Know Him
Our walk with God depends on us being able to respond to the Lord. Sometimes it is in a slow fashion, but there are other times God wants us to respond to His Spirit right now, without thinking about it. God defies logic! [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Immediately

Immediately

Mark 2:1-12
Topics: Encouragement Spiritual Growth Faith Getting To Know Him
Our walk with God depends on us being able to respond to the Lord. Sometimes it is in a slow fashion, but there are other times God wants us to respond to His Spirit right now, without thinking about it. God defies logic! [ read more... ]

Image for sermon I Have a God

I Have a God

2 Samuel 22:1-7
Topics: Spiritual Growth Faith Love Getting To Know Him
There are many gods in this world, but fortunately, we have the choice of which one we serve. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon I Have a God

I Have a God

2 Samuel 22:1-7
Topics: Spiritual Growth Faith Love Getting To Know Him
There are many gods in this world, but fortunately, we have the choice of which one we serve. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Stuck Between Bethel And Ai

Stuck Between Bethel And Ai

Genesis 13:3-3
Topic: Getting To Know Him
Jesus hung on the cross, suspended between earth and the heavens, between Heaven and Hell, between Bethel and Ai, between the House of God and the place of Destruction. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Stuck Between Bethel And Ai

Stuck Between Bethel And Ai

Genesis 13:3-3
Jesus hung on the cross, suspended between earth and the heavens, between Heaven and Hell, between Bethel and Ai, between the House of God and the place of Destruction. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Why Me Lord?

Why Me Lord?

Isaiah 53:1-11
Topics: Encouragement Worship Faith Love Our Witness Getting To Know Him
There are many people, today, that need to hear me. When your trial comes, and it will, your reaction will let those around you see your true character. It also lets God see what you really are. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Why Me Lord?

Why Me Lord?

Isaiah 53:1-11
Topics: Encouragement Worship Faith Love Our Witness Getting To Know Him
There are many people, today, that need to hear me. When your trial comes, and it will, your reaction will let those around you see your true character. It also lets God see what you really are. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon The Other Level Of God

The Other Level Of God

1 Corinthians 1:26-31
Topics: Miracles Encouragement Faith Getting To Know Him
Like most people; when trouble comes, God is the last one we call on! The other level of God is achieved by faith or miracles; it’s trust, the thing that God expects from us, but very seldom gets. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon The Other Level Of God

The Other Level Of God

1 Corinthians 1:26-31
Topics: Miracles Encouragement Faith Getting To Know Him
Like most people; when trouble comes, God is the last one we call on! The other level of God is achieved by faith or miracles; it’s trust, the thing that God expects from us, but very seldom gets. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Second Hand Sacrifices

Second Hand Sacrifices

Genesis 4:4-5
Topics: Worship Sin Getting To Know Him
When people backslide, its God that separates them from the Godly! And like that evil person, they justify themselves by blaming others and kill them with their mouths. That’s an unholy sacrifice. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Second Hand Sacrifices

Second Hand Sacrifices

Genesis 4:4-5
Topics: Worship Sin Getting To Know Him
When people backslide, its God that separates them from the Godly! And like that evil person, they justify themselves by blaming others and kill them with their mouths. That’s an unholy sacrifice. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon I Have Decided

I Have Decided

Joel 3:14-14
Topics: Baptism Salvation Encouragement Spiritual Growth Faith Repentance Getting To Know Him
As I stand here today, I can tell you that that one single decision that I made over 30 years ago was the greatest decision of my life. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon I Have Decided

I Have Decided

Topics: Baptism Salvation Encouragement Spiritual Growth Faith Repentance Getting To Know Him
As I stand here today, I can tell you that that one single decision that I made over 30 years ago was the greatest decision of my life. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Coming Home Without an Invitation

Coming Home Without an Invitation

Luke 15:11-32
Topics: Salvation Encouragement Spiritual Warfare Spiritual Growth Sin Parenting Getting To Know Him
Let me encourage someone; you don’t need an invitation to come back to the Father’s house. You just need to realize that the place you’re at right now is not where God wants you and that he didn’t put you there; you did. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Coming Home Without an Invitation

Coming Home Without an Invitation

Luke 15:11-32
Topics: Salvation Encouragement Spiritual Warfare Spiritual Growth Sin Parenting Getting To Know Him
Let me encourage someone; you don’t need an invitation to come back to the Father’s house. You just need to realize that the place you’re at right now is not where God wants you and that he didn’t put you there; you did. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Carnal Minds In The Hands Of A Desperate Devil

Carnal Minds In The Hands Of A Desperate Devil

1 Peter 5:6-8
Topics: Spiritual Warfare Faith Sin Getting To Know Him
What is the most important thing in your life? If it isn’t God, then it has to be the flesh! A carnal mind in the hands of a desperate devil will devise wicked imaginations. A carnal mind is what God hates. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Carnal Minds In The Hands Of A Desperate Devil

Carnal Minds In The Hands Of A Desperate Devil

1 Peter 5:6-8
Topics: Spiritual Warfare Faith Sin Getting To Know Him
What is the most important thing in your life? If it isn’t God, then it has to be the flesh! A carnal mind in the hands of a desperate devil will devise wicked imaginations. A carnal mind is what God hates. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Jesus Is Better #1

Jesus Is Better #1

Luke 7:20-20
Topics: Encouragement Worship Our Witness Getting To Know Him
Was it all worth it; was it all for nothing? All the preaching, the witnessing, the life we spend in the service of God. The question we want to know the answer to is simply “Is Jesus Better”? [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Jesus Is Better #1

Jesus Is Better #1

Luke 7:20-20
Was it all worth it; was it all for nothing? All the preaching, the witnessing, the life we spend in the service of God. The question we want to know the answer to is simply “Is Jesus Better”? [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Jesus Is Better #2

Jesus Is Better #2

John 3:1-2
Jesus the child that was born, the son that was given: who has authority over spiritual governments and powers: He is Wonderful, Counselor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. He Is Better. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Jesus Is Better #2

Jesus Is Better #2

John 3:1-2
Jesus the child that was born, the son that was given: who has authority over spiritual governments and powers: He is Wonderful, Counselor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. He Is Better. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Jesus Is Better #3

Jesus Is Better #3

Mark 5:1-9
See this name of Jesus has authority over everything in this world. There is nothing that can be named that the name of Jesus does not have authority over. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Jesus Is Better #3

Jesus Is Better #3

Mark 5:1-9
See this name of Jesus has authority over everything in this world. There is nothing that can be named that the name of Jesus does not have authority over. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Jesus Is Better #4

Jesus Is Better #4

With every decision you take, every judgment you make, there is a battle in your mind - a battle between intuition and logic. The problem researchers tell us is that when we allow our fast, intuitive system to make decisions; we make wrong decisions. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Jesus Is Better #4

Jesus Is Better #4

With every decision you take, every judgment you make, there is a battle in your mind - a battle between intuition and logic. The problem researchers tell us is that when we allow our fast, intuitive system to make decisions; we make wrong decisions. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon You Can Run, But You Can't Hide

You Can Run, But You Can't Hide

Mark 50:6-6
A Doctor named Potter told a story of a young man who stood at the bar of a court of justice to be sentenced for forgery. The judge had known him from a child, for his father had been a famous legal light and his work on the Law of Trusts was the most exhaustive work on the subject in existence. “Do you remember your father?” asked the judge sternly, “that father whom you have disgraced?” [ read more... ]

Image for sermon You Can Run, But You Can't Hide

You Can Run, But You Can't Hide

Mark 50:6-6
A Doctor named Potter told a story of a young man who stood at the bar of a court of justice to be sentenced for forgery. The judge had known him from a child, for his father had been a famous legal light and his work on the Law of Trusts was the most exhaustive work on the subject in existence. “Do you remember your father?” asked the judge sternly, “that father whom you have disgraced?” [ read more... ]

Image for sermon God Is A God Of The Present

God Is A God Of The Present

Hebrews 11:1-3
God is not a God of the past, nor is He a God of the future, He is only a God of the present! [ read more... ]

Image for sermon God Is A God Of The Present

God Is A God Of The Present

Hebrews 11:1-3
God is not a God of the past, nor is He a God of the future, He is only a God of the present! [ read more... ]

Image for sermon God Loves Selfish People

God Loves Selfish People

Matthew 7:7-7
The Bible instructs us to ask and it shall be given, to seek and we'll find and to knock and it will be opened unto us. Are you satisfied with where you are today? God is interested in changing your circumstances and restoring your life. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon God Loves Selfish People

God Loves Selfish People

Matthew 7:7-7
The Bible instructs us to ask and it shall be given, to seek and we'll find and to knock and it will be opened unto us. Are you satisfied with where you are today? God is interested in changing your circumstances and restoring your life. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon The Definition Of The Gospel

The Definition Of The Gospel

1 Corinthians 15:1-8
Topics: Salvation The Cross Forgiveness Easter/Passover Repentance Crucifixion Getting To Know Him
Unlike the characters we have selected to represent many of our holidays, Jesus Christ is real. He is not some figment of our imagination, a cute fairy tale story, or just some great teacher of the past. But He is real, and He is powerful, and He is working among us even now! [ read more... ]

Image for sermon The Definition Of The Gospel

The Definition Of The Gospel

1 Corinthians 15:1-8
Topics: Salvation The Cross Forgiveness Easter/Passover Repentance Crucifixion Getting To Know Him
Unlike the characters we have selected to represent many of our holidays, Jesus Christ is real. He is not some figment of our imagination, a cute fairy tale story, or just some great teacher of the past. But He is real, and He is powerful, and He is working among us even now! [ read more... ]

Image for sermon In The Middle Of A Storm

In The Middle Of A Storm

Psalms 27:1-14
Topics: Spiritual Warfare Getting To Know Him
Our growth comes by a dying of ourselves and a total dependence on Him! Jesus is our refuge! He is right in the middle of your storm! [ read more... ]

Image for sermon In The Middle Of A Storm

In The Middle Of A Storm

Psalms 27:1-14
Topics: Spiritual Warfare Getting To Know Him
Our growth comes by a dying of ourselves and a total dependence on Him! Jesus is our refuge! He is right in the middle of your storm! [ read more... ]

2000+ VIEW BACKGROUNDS

NEWSLETTER ARTICLES

Thumbnail

One of the most exciting and powerful methods of preaching is to share the story (biography) of a character in the ...[read more]

Thumbnail

Identifying that next leader is not easy.  You must often times select a few prospects and begin to work ...[read more]

Thumbnail

"Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and ...[read more]

see all popular articles...

Name and Email are required to proceed.

Already a PreachIt.org Member?
Username or Password was incorrect.
Please try again.
Username or Password was incorrect. Please try again.