Chapter
Verse
By Keyword
Looking For Fresh Sermon Inspiration?

Search Results For:

The Danger of Getting Used to the Dark

1 Peter 2:9-9

Topics: General

Spiritually, we are children of the light and of the day, but we are surrounded by gross darkness: blackness of sin, wickedness, immorality, and all manner of evil speaking; the darkness of unbelief and of false teachings. It is ironic that man has the ability to light up the heavens with artificial light, yet live in abject and dismal darkness. He can put on dazzling displays of various intensities, varieties and colors of light, yet be a wandering star to whom is reserved the blackness of darkness forever. I believe that the depths of present-day human depravity rival that of Noah’s day before the flood, as well as the days of Lot in Sodom & Gomorrah. We are witnessing the putrefaction of man at his lowest level of morals.

Other sermons you might like

Image for sermon Making The Right Choice

Making The Right Choice

1 Corinthians 9:19-22
Topic: General
If I choose one way to do things does it help my witness For Jesus? We have to find common ground with those we contact. Allow ourselves to enter into the battlefield, but be equipped when doing so. We have to make people feel accepted. Paul said to the weak I became weak. If they relate with us they will accept us. We have to be sensitive to people’s needs and concerns. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Making The Right Choice

Making The Right Choice

1 Corinthians 9:19-22
If I choose one way to do things does it help my witness For Jesus? We have to find common ground with those we contact. Allow ourselves to enter into the battlefield, but be equipped when doing so. We have to make people feel accepted. Paul said to the weak I became weak. If they relate with us they will accept us. We have to be sensitive to people’s needs and concerns. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon UnSung Heroes In The Book Of Acts

UnSung Heroes In The Book Of Acts

Acts 3:0-0
The Lame Beggar, How about the Five Deacons, How About Ananias we just talked about?, Then there was Cornelius?, Who has heard of Rhoda?, James, Jason, [ read more... ]

Image for sermon UnSung Heroes In The Book Of Acts

UnSung Heroes In The Book Of Acts

Acts 3:0-0
The Lame Beggar, How about the Five Deacons, How About Ananias we just talked about?, Then there was Cornelius?, Who has heard of Rhoda?, James, Jason, [ read more... ]

Image for sermon NO FEAR OF GOD

NO FEAR OF GOD

Romans 3:10-13
HERE IS WHAT APPLIES TO THOSE THAT FEAR THE LORD [ read more... ]

Image for sermon NO FEAR OF GOD

NO FEAR OF GOD

Romans 3:10-13
HERE IS WHAT APPLIES TO THOSE THAT FEAR THE LORD [ read more... ]

Image for sermon What’s On Your Sign?

What’s On Your Sign?

Matthew 5:6-6
Did you know that each of us tonight is holding a sign? Through our attitudes and actions, we are speaking volumes to the world around us, to each other and foremost to the God we serve [ read more... ]

Image for sermon What’s On Your Sign?

What’s On Your Sign?

Matthew 5:6-6
Did you know that each of us tonight is holding a sign? Through our attitudes and actions, we are speaking volumes to the world around us, to each other and foremost to the God we serve [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Laying in Delilah’s lap

Laying in Delilah’s lap

Judges 16:4-4
Sampson had a strong his love was for Delilah but it seems she did not have a love for him. There is a great analogy here between Sampson and Delilah and the church or saint of God and the world. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Laying in Delilah’s lap

Laying in Delilah’s lap

Judges 16:4-4
Sampson had a strong his love was for Delilah but it seems she did not have a love for him. There is a great analogy here between Sampson and Delilah and the church or saint of God and the world. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon The Evidence Doesn’t Lie

The Evidence Doesn’t Lie

Matthew 19:16-22
Today when there’s a crime committed, there are special crime scene investigators that go to the scene of the crime & investigate all of the evidence that has been left behind. When that evidence points to an individual, the police ask them, what were you doing there at the scene of the crime? "I wasn’t there, I was at home, or I was out of town" may be there response. But the evidence doesn’t lie! DNA doesn’t lie! Finger prints don’t lie! It’s the same way with everyone that professes to love God, & serve God! The evidence doesn’t lie! [ read more... ]

Image for sermon The Evidence Doesn’t Lie

The Evidence Doesn’t Lie

Matthew 19:16-22
Today when there’s a crime committed, there are special crime scene investigators that go to the scene of the crime & investigate all of the evidence that has been left behind. When that evidence points to an individual, the police ask them, what were you doing there at the scene of the crime? "I wasn’t there, I was at home, or I was out of town" may be there response. But the evidence doesn’t lie! DNA doesn’t lie! Finger prints don’t lie! It’s the same way with everyone that professes to love God, & serve God! The evidence doesn’t lie! [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Herod’s Pedophobia

Herod’s Pedophobia

Matthew 2:1-12
While most people suffer from pathophobia (fear of disease), monophobia (fear of being alone), glossophobia (fear of public speaking), algophobia (fear of pain), taphephobia (fear of being buried alive), and many more, there are also some less popular phobias. Herod might be suspected of having pedophobia—the fear of children. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Herod’s Pedophobia

Herod’s Pedophobia

Matthew 2:1-12
While most people suffer from pathophobia (fear of disease), monophobia (fear of being alone), glossophobia (fear of public speaking), algophobia (fear of pain), taphephobia (fear of being buried alive), and many more, there are also some less popular phobias. Herod might be suspected of having pedophobia—the fear of children. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon “INSTRUCTING THOSE THAT OPPOSE THEMSELVES”

“INSTRUCTING THOSE THAT OPPOSE THEMSELVES”

2 Timothy 2:23-26
The Word of God makes it clear how Christians are to act toward each other and toward those outside the faith: “As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith.” (Galatians 6:10) [ read more... ]

Image for sermon “INSTRUCTING THOSE THAT OPPOSE THEMSELVES”

“INSTRUCTING THOSE THAT OPPOSE THEMSELVES”

2 Timothy 2:23-26
The Word of God makes it clear how Christians are to act toward each other and toward those outside the faith: “As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith.” (Galatians 6:10) [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Damaged Goods

Damaged Goods

Hebrews 4:15-16
When a store receives Damaged Goods, they cannot put them on the shelves to be sold. Instead, they have to box them up and send them back to the MANUFACTURER. If you are here today and you are DAMAGED GOODS, you are in the Manufacturer’s house. You are where you need to be! And He has sent me to tell you that He’ll take you back! [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Damaged Goods

Damaged Goods

Hebrews 4:15-16
When a store receives Damaged Goods, they cannot put them on the shelves to be sold. Instead, they have to box them up and send them back to the MANUFACTURER. If you are here today and you are DAMAGED GOODS, you are in the Manufacturer’s house. You are where you need to be! And He has sent me to tell you that He’ll take you back! [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Nebuchadnezzar: Pride’s Prisoner

Nebuchadnezzar: Pride’s Prisoner

Genesis 3:5-5
One need not go far in God’s Word to find the sin of pride rearing its ugly head. Genesis 3: 4-5 recounts for us the fall of Adam and Eve. Their fall was the direct result of pride having taken root in their hearts. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Nebuchadnezzar: Pride’s Prisoner

Nebuchadnezzar: Pride’s Prisoner

Genesis 3:5-5
One need not go far in God’s Word to find the sin of pride rearing its ugly head. Genesis 3: 4-5 recounts for us the fall of Adam and Eve. Their fall was the direct result of pride having taken root in their hearts. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon EVERY DAY IS A NEW DAY

EVERY DAY IS A NEW DAY

Lamentations 3:23-23
Day and night proclaim the mercy and compassion of God. Who could exist throughout the day, if there were not a continual superintending Providence? Who could be preserved in the night, if the Watchman of Israel ever slumbered or slept? [ read more... ]

Image for sermon EVERY DAY IS A NEW DAY

EVERY DAY IS A NEW DAY

Lamentations 3:23-23
Day and night proclaim the mercy and compassion of God. Who could exist throughout the day, if there were not a continual superintending Providence? Who could be preserved in the night, if the Watchman of Israel ever slumbered or slept? [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Where Do You Draw The Line

Where Do You Draw The Line

John 13:3-10
You see, there is a tremendous difference between the stubborn person who wants to stay away from the things of God simply because they are stubborn, and... [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Where Do You Draw The Line

Where Do You Draw The Line

John 13:3-10
You see, there is a tremendous difference between the stubborn person who wants to stay away from the things of God simply because they are stubborn, and... [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Heaven

Heaven

Revelation 21:21-21
The Devil is Not Trying to Take Heaven From Us, because he can’t. He wants to Take our Focus and Vision Away from Heaven. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Heaven

Heaven

Revelation 21:21-21
The Devil is Not Trying to Take Heaven From Us, because he can’t. He wants to Take our Focus and Vision Away from Heaven. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon The biggest Word In The Bible - IF

The biggest Word In The Bible - IF

Genesis 4:3-7
Almost everything in life; natural, physical, and even spiritual has contingencies. Things which are dependent upon other things to work the way they were created to. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon The biggest Word In The Bible - IF

The biggest Word In The Bible - IF

Genesis 4:3-7
Almost everything in life; natural, physical, and even spiritual has contingencies. Things which are dependent upon other things to work the way they were created to. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Our Orders Remain Unchanged

Our Orders Remain Unchanged

Matthew 28:16-20
regardless of all the changes our society undertakes, regardless of how opinions change and motives are altered, we have had passed to us, and we are to pass to another generation, a momentous statement. That statement is, “Orders remain unchanged.” [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Our Orders Remain Unchanged

Our Orders Remain Unchanged

Matthew 28:16-20
regardless of all the changes our society undertakes, regardless of how opinions change and motives are altered, we have had passed to us, and we are to pass to another generation, a momentous statement. That statement is, “Orders remain unchanged.” [ read more... ]

Image for sermon I Am Not He

I Am Not He

John 1:19-28
I am not He, I am not the real deal, I am not what its all about, I am not the star of the show, I am not the one that people are to be looking to. Pastor, can you give me an answer to my problem, I am not he! [ read more... ]

Image for sermon I Am Not He

I Am Not He

John 1:19-28
I am not He, I am not the real deal, I am not what its all about, I am not the star of the show, I am not the one that people are to be looking to. Pastor, can you give me an answer to my problem, I am not he! [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Shattered on the Rock or Crushed Beneath Its Weigh

Shattered on the Rock or Crushed Beneath Its Weigh

Deuteronomy 11:26-27
WE must decide if THE ROCK will represent BLESSING or CURSING, MERCY or JUDGMENT. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Shattered on the Rock or Crushed Beneath Its Weigh

Shattered on the Rock or Crushed Beneath Its Weigh

Deuteronomy 11:26-27
WE must decide if THE ROCK will represent BLESSING or CURSING, MERCY or JUDGMENT. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon The Testimony of Yesterday

The Testimony of Yesterday

Ecclesiastes 3:14-17
Sauls past came back to pronounce and execute judgement upon him as a witness for the prosecution. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon The Testimony of Yesterday

The Testimony of Yesterday

Ecclesiastes 3:14-17
Sauls past came back to pronounce and execute judgement upon him as a witness for the prosecution. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Heart Attack of the Soul

Heart Attack of the Soul

Psalms 86:8-12
THE FIRST ATTACK IS SPIRITUAL HARDENING OF THE ARTERIES [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Heart Attack of the Soul

Heart Attack of the Soul

Psalms 86:8-12
THE FIRST ATTACK IS SPIRITUAL HARDENING OF THE ARTERIES [ read more... ]

2000+ VIEW BACKGROUNDS

NEWSLETTER ARTICLES

Thumbnail

Here are a few things to remember when taking up the offering. Don’t be timid or embarrassed to ask people f...[read more]

Thumbnail

Too often people are afraid to budget because it seems to be more trouble than it is worth.  However, a budget...[read more]

Thumbnail

Most of us worry unnecessarily about too many things. It's almost as though we search for problems to give ourselv...[read more]

see all popular articles...

Name and Email are required to proceed.

Already a PreachIt.org Member?
Username or Password was incorrect.
Please try again.
Username or Password was incorrect. Please try again.